This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change input default to HDMI on VS247H-P monitor

Zoundz007
Star I

I am looking for a way to set the input default to HDMI.

Everytime my monitor goes to sleep I have to manually change it from DVI to HDMI.
Is there a way to change the default input on power up?

10 REPLIES 10

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Zoundz007 ,

may I ask whether you're using an HDMI cable to connect your monitor?

Based on your question, it is suggest that you can press the corresponding button to access the OSD menu, navigate to the input settings, and look for an option to set the default input.

Select HDMI as the default input and save the settings.

Thank you.

Hi Aureliannn_ASUS,

Yes, I am using an HDMI cable from the system.  There is no option on the OSD for a default input setting.  I upgraded to a new system and this one utilizes HDMI but unfortunately the Monitor when it goes to 'sleep' won't come back on when I wake the system as it defaults back to the DVI setting.
I am wondering if there is a driver change or key sequence that would allow me to reconfigure the monitory to always stay on HDMI.  This is a good monitor however if I can't make this change I will look to replace it as this constant manual reconfiguration is a pain in the A$$.
Thanks in advance for any insight.

Hi @Zoundz007 ,

based on your question, may I ask could you provide the screenshot of the setting that default back to DVI setting?

When it default to DVI setting, whether the monitor can display normally?

Have you make sure that all the driver is at the latest version?

Is the problem occur only after sleep mode?

Could you please provide your computer model and graphics card model?

Additionally, are you using integrated graphics or external graphics output?

Have you tried switching the graphics output to see if the issue still occurs?

Thank you.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I switched this monitor out with a Dell monitor I was using with my laptop docking station.
This problem is with the monitor as it does the same thing with the Lenovo laptop connected via the HDMI cable.
When the system comes out of sleep mode and the screen light in the corner goes from Yellow to Blue, the screen is ALWAYS in DVI mode and I have to manually switch it back to HDMI.

Is there a way to tell the monitor to default to HDMI??