cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cable to both charge monitor and data for my portable ASUS monitor MB16ACE

sendero
Star II

Dear all, 

I have an ASUS  ROG Zephyrus G14  laptop and ASUS MB16 portable monitor. My laptop has only one 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C support DisplayPort™ / power delivery and I used this one to charge my laptop and use my monitor. However, I need to switch the cable to use my monitor using my batteries. 

Question: is there a dual USB-C cable to charge my computer and use my portable monitor at the same time?  OR  a hub where I can charge my computer and use my monitor at the same time?

thank a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sendero
Star II

thanks for the response. I will buy this adaptor and get back to you. 

and I will read this pdf as you suggested and get back to you

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @sendero ,

may I ask whether your MB16ACE has no image?

ZenScreen™ MB16ACE only requires a single USB connection for both power and video transmission from your host device.

It features an innovative hybrid-signal solution with native support for USB Type-C™ (USB-C™) connections, and uses an installed driver* to support USB Type-A connectors for full compatibility.

When choosing a USB-C hub or dock, make sure it supports power delivery (PD) and has a display output compatible with your portable monitor (such as DisplayPort or HDMI). Look for a hub that specifically mentions support for charging and display output simultaneously.

You can refer to the following product specification.

ZenScreen MB16ACE|Monitors|ASUS Global

ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401 | Gaming laptops|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)

Thank you.

sendero
Star II

when I connect the cable from my laptop to the monitor, everything is OK. The main problem is that the port is the same one that I use to charge my laptop. Thus, after 1-1.5 hr, I need to disconnect the monitor and recharge my batteries

do you happen to have some potential hubs/cables to recommend?

thank you!

Hi @sendero ,

have you try to use the original USB Type-C cable and USB Type-C to A adapter to connect the USB monitor and the system?

After connecting using this method, may I ask if you are able to charge and display at the same time?

You can refer to "2.2" in the following link.

ASUS_MB16AC_MB16ACR_MB16ACM_MB16ACE_English_20191008.pdf

Consider the compatibility requirements and specifications of your laptop and portable monitor when choosing a USB-C hub, splitter cable, or alternative connectivity options.

Ensure that the selected solution supports the necessary power delivery and display capabilities.

Thank you.