Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable USB Power

gregeeh
Star I
Spoiler

Hi all,

I have a PN64 that I would like to disable USB power when it is turned OFF.  There is no "Set USB power delivery in Soft Off State (S5) to disabled" option in the bios.

How can I turn OFF the USB power when the PN64 is OFF?

TIA

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @gregeeh ,

Thank you for providing information about enabling ERP in your BIOS settings. To better assist you, we kindly request the following:

1. Could you please provide a screenshot of the BIOS settings after enabling ERP, specifically showing the 'it just enables the 3 options below it' that you mentioned?

2. In order to thoroughly investigate your issue, we need more detailed information about your equipment setup. Please provide the specific model numbers of the equipment you are currently using.

3. If possible, recording a video that demonstrates your equipment setup, the process of enabling ErP, and whether USB power supply continues after ErP is enabled would be highly beneficial. This will help our technical team gain a comprehensive understanding of the issue you're facing.

Your cooperation in providing this additional information will greatly assist us in resolving your concern. Thank you for your assistance.

Bios screenshots attached.

Device - PN64 Serial R4MRCG007993WEF.

I've given you more then enough information for a simple question. How do I disable the USB Power when the device is turned OFF? Should be a really simple question for you, given all the resources at your disposal.

This has dragged out too long, so if your next reply does not contain the answer we can consider the case closed and I will seek advise elsewhere.

Hi @gregeeh ,

Thank you for providing the test results. After verification, it appears that all test results are normal. When ErP is enabled in the BIOS and the system is shut down:

• With ErP ready disabled (S5 state): LAN light remains on, and USB ports have power.
  • With ErP ready enabled (S4+S5 state): LAN light turns off, and USB ports have no power.

You can refer to the video we provided in the private message for further details. Thank you.

Thanks, that will solve my problem.

There are 3 options under Erp Ready.

1. Disabled

2. Enable (S4+S5)

3. Enable (S5)

What is the difference between  (2) and (3)?

An answer would be appreciated.