This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expertbook B1500, faint noise when turned off?

grahamsharp93
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: n/a
Model: Expertbook B1500
Frequency of occurrence: all the time
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:bought the Expertbook B1500 at the start of last month, the other day i noticed when i moved the laptop which was turned off that there was a very very faint static type noise coming from the base. i do not know if it has been doing it since day one or if it is only since the other day but i can hear it when it is up close all the time the laptop is off. this is not normal is it?
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
grahamsharp93
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: n/a
  3. Model: Expertbook B1500
  4. Frequency of occurrence: all the time
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:bought the Expertbook B1500 at the start of last month, the other day i noticed when i moved the laptop which was turned off that there was a very very faint static type noise coming from the base. i do not know if it has been doing it since day one or if it is only since the other day but i can hear it when it is up close all the time the laptop is off. this is not normal is it?

Expertbook B1500, faint noise when turned off?
@grahamsharp93
When you hear faint static type noise, is the laptop connected to AC adapter?

grahamsharp93
Star I
no, ac adapter is not connected.

Falcon_ASUS
grahamsharp93

no, ac adapter is not connected.

View post
@grahamsharp93
If so, I suspect it's from static on the motherboard, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.