agungdeppe_
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Description: ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start
Model: Asus Vivobook Flip TP412FA
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes

hi, ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop is not working,version: 4.5.1001.10704 This device cannot start. (Code 10)The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated. I think this happened since this update windows, but I don't know which one,since after tried to Reset this PC and check updates, the windows is updating these:Quality Updates:- 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based System (KB4522355)Other Updates:- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - October 2019 (KB890830) tried to uninstall the Quality update using Recovery > Advanced Startup, but unable to uninstall.kindly please help if someone also experienced this problem. Thank You.
11 REPLIES 11

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello agungdeppe_, May you check in "Device Manager" and see if the fingerprint sensor is listed there? And are you able to update fingerprint sensor through "device manager"? Or you may visit our official support site to update the driver https://www.asus.com/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS-VivoBook-Flip-14-TP412FA/HelpDesk_Download/ Thank you.

The problem with the fingerprint sensor is not listed in the options . I have the same machine and exactly the same problem . i took delivery 2 weeks ago .
this is massively frustrating , if there is a driver to correct this issue please give a link to the specific driver and not just a generic list for all drivers , not 1 that is listed specifically states which one will resolve the problem .
YTHTH9FT2XEZ.png
When you search a new driver it fails to install.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated.
please advise what the solution is .
Malcolm

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Malcolm,
May you double check if your BIOS is up to date
then uninstall the fingerprint driver, then install the one on our support website?
ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 TP412FA Driver & Tools | 2-in-1 PCs | ASUS GlobalIt's under "Others>ELAN Fingerprint driver and utility"
Thank you.

Waseem
Star I
Hi, where can I find the fingerprint driver?