Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

Hi
I have a Zenbook UX533F with the same problem. Please PM me with details on how to fix.

ZT-1f054502
Star I
Hello @Blake_ASUS,
I am having the same issues with my webcam as these others are having. Is there a fix available for a UX431F Zenbook?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @Steve Bezuidenhout ,
Please double check your complete model name, UX533FD or UX533FN,
and update BIOS to the latest version accordingly.
ASUS ZenBook 15 UX533FN Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS GlobalASUS ZenBook 15 UX533FD Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS GlobalThank you.

kmat1402
Star I
Hi @Blake_ASUS - Can you PM me on this? (I am Rank 1 so unable to send you my SN directly for the BIOS update info.)

@Blake_ASUS Having the same issue with the Zenbook Pro Duo UX581G. Please send me a PM so I can send the serial.
Thank you.