cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 heating issue

Ban
Star II
Hi,
I noticed that my phone is warmer to touch lately. The battery drains faster too.
I noticed that my CPU temperature is high - it ranges from 60-69 degrees Celsius. I don't even play games on it much. I've also used the power master feature and kept the phone optimized.
Just browsing through the phone system drains about 3% of the battery in just 5 minutes use.
Does anyone know why this is happening? I just bought this phone 2 months ago - it didn't have this problem before.
Here's a picture of the Armory Crate to show the temperature.

WAE7KUH5RV9T.jpg

66 REPLIES 66

Kanu
Rising Star II
I'm having heating issues while the phone is charging. I use 18w charger and phone gets really hot while charging. Doesn't matter if I'm using the phone or not. Temperature goes to about 37-41 degrees. This wasn't happening in a9

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Kanu

I'm having heating issues while the phone is charging. I use 18w charger and phone gets really hot while charging. Doesn't matter if I'm using the phone or not. Temperature goes to about 37-41 degrees. This wasn't happening in a9

View post
Agreed, I too face similar issue

vija_siva
Star I
My phone is HOT all the time after this bloody Android 10 update! The whole performance of the phone went downhill!
IF ANY OF YOU DEVELOPERS IS ACTUALLY LISTENING! FIX THIS OVERHEATING ISSUE! ASAP

I'm just watching videos and temp goes to about 42 degree. In similar I was playing videos on max pro m1 and that phone was soo cool. Rog 2 software is worst.

hany967433
Star I
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51827#Comment_51827

This is nerve wracking. Your phone obviously had some issues plus paying a price for getting your phone diagnosed is just nonsense.

As far as I know, no one has to pay any charges if phone is under warranty.

And if there is some price that could be need for diagnosis, it is always told beforehand.

I think store is charging you unnecessarily.

@Ban My recommendation is to get your phone to an official service center once the lockdown period is over.

And 80$ Nzd is just way excessive, I bought Asus 30W rog charger and a Samsung Earphone that cost me less than 60$ Nzd. I can definitely say that they have not checked the phone at all.

@Ban We all sometimes get stuck with bad unit, my unit suffers from red tint which I'll get checked after lockdown.

Your original post was from 14 March, 20 days is just a lot of time for diagnosing nothing.

Please keep us updated.

View post