cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 heating issue

Ban
Star II
Hi,
I noticed that my phone is warmer to touch lately. The battery drains faster too.
I noticed that my CPU temperature is high - it ranges from 60-69 degrees Celsius. I don't even play games on it much. I've also used the power master feature and kept the phone optimized.
Just browsing through the phone system drains about 3% of the battery in just 5 minutes use.
Does anyone know why this is happening? I just bought this phone 2 months ago - it didn't have this problem before.
Here's a picture of the Armory Crate to show the temperature.

WAE7KUH5RV9T.jpg

66 REPLIES 66

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50472#Comment_50472

It's definitely safe for phone as CPUs can even tolerate 100 degree Celsius, if it gets beyond safe temperature, phone would automatically turn off. The only question is, is this normal behavior of phone or not.

Btw beyond 40 degree battery temperature phone's metal frame becomes too hot too hold.

View post
Well you just essentially paraphrased what I said....

Sagar2696
Star III
akhilj66

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50441#Comment_50441

Definitely something is wrong with phone get it fixed at service centre.

Please update after your issue is fixed.

We'd love to know if it was a hardware or software issue.

View post
Definitely it's software issue. After upgrading to A10 my phone is getting a lot. While playing PUBG it's touching to a max of 46°C . While this was not happening on A9. The phone was well optimized at that time but now it is not . So, it can be solved with software update.

Ban
Star II
Sagar2696

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50442#Comment_50442

Definitely it's software issue. After upgrading to A10 my phone is getting a lot. While playing PUBG it's touching to a max of 46°C . While this was not happening on A9. The phone was well optimized at that time but now it is not . So, it can be solved with software update.

View post
As mentioned before, the phone was Android 9

Ban
Star II
Update:
I got a message from the store where I bought the Rog Phone 2 from. They said they couldn't find a problem with the phone and they will return it. Plus I have to pay 80$ nzd because there was no fault found. I will receive the phone a bit later due to the lockdown.
This is frustrating! It's obvious that the phone has issues. It could be hardware because the problem persisted (high heat + fast battery drain) even with factory reset. I remember that I had 21 minutes screen time from that phone and I had 4 hours left of battery (from full battery charge). 4 HOURS!! Seriously, what phone has 4 hours battery life?!
I'll run another test when I get my phone back. I can't believe this phone can have many issues.
Also, The store said that the guys who assesed my phone was from the manufacturer themselves (I'm assuming ASUS). Seriously, I bet ASUS didn't assess my phone well.

zeruel_tenshi
Rising Star II
Ban

Update:

I got a message from the store where I bought the Rog Phone 2 from. They said they couldn't find a problem with the phone and they will return it. Plus I have to pay 80$ nzd because there was no fault found. I will receive the phone a bit later due to the lockdown.

This is frustrating! It's obvious that the phone has issues. It could be hardware because the problem persisted (high heat + fast battery drain) even with factory reset. I remember that I had 21 minutes screen time from that phone and I had 4 hours left of battery (from full battery charge). 4 HOURS!! Seriously, what phone has 4 hours battery life?!

I'll run another test when I get my phone back. I can't believe this phone can have many issues.

Also, The store said that the guys who assesed my phone was from the manufacturer themselves (I'm assuming ASUS). Seriously, I bet ASUS didn't assess my phone well.

View post
Oh wow... That is horrible and unacceptable. Really sorry to hear about what happened, can any mod assist this gentleman?