This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent update is draining battery tooo much

satyaj222
Star I
After the recent update to fix double tap issue, battery is draining way faster . Like almost 30% faster drain for 6z
Update number 17.1810.2001.129
12 REPLIES 12

luniewski
Star I
Same here. Battery lasts for 1 day. On previous software it was 2-3 days.

Me too.. face the same problem.. Phone heats more..

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
These battery draining issues are normally connected to one of two things
You have recently installed or updated some 3rd party app that's causing the drain
There's a bug that triggered a battery drain because of your system configuration previous to the update
So what can you do to find out if it's issue 1?
What I normally recommend for you is to go to system settings -> Battery -> PowerMaster -> Auto-start manager
Here you must refuse all apps that has been updated or installed right before or after you started to discover the battery drain
To check the latest app changes you've made please go to play store -> menu -> my apps & games -> installed -> sort by Last Updated
To see which apps you've recently installed (it's easy to forget) download an app like "Revo Uninstaller Mobile"
Also make sure to kill all apps in the recent apps overview
If you're still experiencing battery drain then we're probably looking at issue number 2 which can only be fixed by a factory reset

Kolorowezworki
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS Could you tell me what kind of backup I should make to be 100% sure I won't lose any of my files and configuration after factory reset?