This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today i took some shots at night and i confirm. The result is a disaster now in Android 10

doublem101
Star III
I've been reading all the posts about the bad photo quality on Android 10 but honestly i didn't had the chance to test it in detail before.
However today, i had a spare time and it only took a couple minutes to see what everyone are talking about.
I already had taken some indoor photos and i noticed the high noise in darker areas but i went outside and i couldn't believe on what i was looking at. Slightly blured photos (like a shaken photo) and no detail at all, it looked like a watercolour painting. On some photos, darker areas were pinkish, something that i complained before in Pro mode on long exposures but never noticed it in any other mode.
However, i don't know if it's related or not but the few Gcam versions that works, aren't much better neither. Still a little better than stock app but really really worse than before. I'm not sure if they aren't already optimized or somehow related with the stock app bad quality. I don't know how Gcam works but what if the main issue isn't the stock APP itself but something behind it that makes Gcam works so bad also?
Sorry Asus, but i can't accept this quality from €500 device. One of the things that made me buy this phone was his night photo quality and now it takes worse photos than my old device?
I know you are looking at the problem already but i become frightened when i read that the differences you found aren't considerable. They are. If you didn't tested yet at night, outside, please do it. Theres were i found the major differences, not indoor.
I don't a have photo took in Android 9 under the same circunstances in this same places but please look at this photo. This isn't acceptable at all.
QUJHAN31QHLI.jpg

70 REPLIES 70

off2fly115
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32768#Comment_32768

Do both and try! Do let us know if you find anything consistently changed/improved (more than "feeling" as that is quite intangible).

For those of you who experience Q being "so much worse and terrible" - is this on every photo? Or is it generally some photos.

View post
Hi! Thank you for your kind words and always replying quickly 🙂
I would say that 6/10 pictures shot with Android 10 feels a little mediocre compared to Android 9. Before in Android 9, every shot I took, I was satisfied with. Like, the camera could do no wrong. But now, I just feel like the exposure in normal daylight is a little off. Night mode also has it's problems but other people have mentioned it enough.
Camera UI has become laggy. When walking around with the camera app open, if you look through the screen you will notice that there are occasional stutters. In A9, the camera view through the screen was completely smooth. Also, there are a few stutters when recording a video as well. The stutters sometimes show in video and don't tho so it's kind of a hit or miss. Please look into these and let know how it goes. Thank you and once again, I appreciate your guy's hard work. Best regards, Branden.
P.s. I will try to post some pics here when I get the chance in the future.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Here is one indoor shot comparison. Not exactly daylight though.

Manual focus on the center of the lower flower.

Android P

O9P7AEE3QWQG.jpg
U7E9ORYOGU8D.jpg
20AC68L59IQN.jpg

Android Q
P6BZ0I0ZUBT7.jpg
X0IMI4JT1DGN.jpg
CMUEE725DNRZ.jpg

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II

Jeb

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32772#Comment_32772

I believe the issue is probably rooted in overall phone performance. Users are often reporting performance drops on Android 10 compared to Android 9.x, and I know the camera relies heavily on software due to lack of OIS.

View post
Could be.. really difficult to say. Root cause can , as you say, be something completely separate from camera but affecting it. Might then also be a "some have it and some dont".

_jis_
Zen Master III
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/32768#Comment_32768

Do both and try! Do let us know if you find anything consistently changed/improved (more than "feeling" as that is quite intangible).

For those of you who experience Q being "so much worse and terrible" - is this on every photo? Or is it generally some photos.

View post
I have no problems with the camera (not to mention aggressive noise reduction), I just asked @Jeb twice what exactly he did.
So @Jeb for the third time:
So, has anyone tried resetting the camera app completely through the system settings?
What exactly did you mean by that?
Restore default settings in Camera app Settings OR Clear Storage to Camera app?

off2fly115
Rising Star II
Hi!
Here are some of my personal pictures and videos shot with *SNAPCHAT* on my Zenfone 6 to show the over exposure and overly quiet mic problem. These were all shot with Android 10 .73
The first 2 pictures are over exposed in my opinion and the quality is just not there. Snapchst and 3rd party pics and videos used to be much better in Android 9 and I will upload some Android 9 pics in the future.
As for the video, ignore the color filter. I made it like that in Snapchat and can't take the color filter off. The point of the video is to show how quiet the mic is. I was paying music through the phone speakers at 90% volume. You can barely hear the song unless you watch the video and turn the volume all the way up.
Please let me know what you guys think about these issues. Anything will help. Hope these things get fixed soon. Best regards, Branden 🙂