This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 (US Version / Version C) AT&T Support?

LearningToBuild
Star II
Any word on when there will be official ATT support for the Version C (US Version) of the Zenfone 9? I keep checking the official AT&T list but it hasn't been updated since July 6, 2022.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
🙂

14 REPLIES 14

soloz
Star I
jheckard How did you get it working on AT&T? You have version C? I have a feeling I'll go to the store and they'll say it's not approved and leave me with a brick.

Boisenberry
Rising Star I
I popped my sim in and immediately got 5G on AT&T, no issues although the speed isn't as fast as my Samsung which had 5G+ but still solid.

jheckard
Star III
soloz

jheckard How did you get it working on AT&T? You have version C? I have a feeling I'll go to the store and they'll say it's not approved and leave me with a brick.

View post
Hello there. Yes, I did go into a local store. This was after attempting to work with support over the phone, without any success. I had a very helpful young lady assist me, after listening to what I was requesting and looking at a printed page that I had with me which showed the Asus Zenfone 8 was already on the list.
https://www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/pdf/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf
As the list is twelve pages long, would recommend just copy this and paste into your internet browser of choice and search the list with the word ASUS.
Just a follow up thought. You mentioned possible concern about them bricking your phone. As these phones do use physical sim cards, instead of eSIM, unless I am mistaken the worst that might happen might be an unsuccessful attempt to activate. However, as there are a minimum of two people within this discussion who have already verified AT&T functionality, I would anticipate little if any difficulty activating the phone for you when you go into the actual store front location.
I hope that this helps.

jheckard
Star III
rogrbond

I popped my sim in and immediately got 5G on AT&T, no issues although the speed isn't as fast as my Samsung which had 5G+ but still solid.

View post
Congrats on your sim swap being immediately successful. Am a little jealous as that is what I have always dones as have only used unlocked phones for many years and this is the first one that I was unable to just move old sim into, since all phones started using the same size sim cards. I would like to believe that since your swap worked, then perhaps ATT is actually working on getting the phone added to the approved list. But since soloz is asking, then am guessing they were unsucessful with doing the same.
As to the mention of 5G+, I am a little confused. As shared in a post on October 31st, at least for AT&T service, that should be supplied by AT&T and not by the phone. Within my same post, I shared a screen shot reflecting the 5G+ service being active on my zenfone 9. I will say though that as I drive around town, the connection does seem to change back and forth between 5G+ and 5G quite regularly. But in their defence, the service has only recently been introduced in this area, and the main city is over six hundred sqare miles. According to Google, 621 square miles.
Regardless, I am still loving this phone. Although I have not had the opportunity to try out any of the higher end Samsung series phones to compare, I must admit that this unit is the most responsive phone that I have ever had the pleasure of using, not to mention owning. Really glad that I opted to spend the extra to get the 16G/256G version. Am absolutely loving the experience. My last phone had a slower processor, less memory and storage, although it did have the SD slot which I had a high speed larger capacity card in it.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.