mbelyea
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 6
Firmware Version: 32.2810.2207.134
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The wifi ping is really bad on this phone especially in 5 ghz. It's not just bad it is unstable. The ping constantly fluctuates. I watched youtube videos of others using this phone to play genshin impact and I noticed their pings were also unstable. I tested my rog phone 3 side by side and that phone was having no issues with ping. I hope Asus can fix this.
Or maybe there is a hidden setting in the phone causing this?
23 REPLIES 23

Jopsik
Star II
Mattias_ASUS

Hello!

I have just tried playing some Genshin Impact with the ROG6 and did not notice any fluctuation in the 5Ghz WiFi network,

Try restarting your router as it might be a router-related issue.

Let me know if this helps 😄

View post
Reboot is not speed on one plus 8 pro 200 mb, while Asus rog 6 has only 100-120mb. (5GHz)

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63273/rog-phone-6-wifi-ping-issues

Went on youtube and checkend your claim, seems there is something funky that can trigger it, 4 reviewers had like you very sporadic ping, while 3 others didn't.

@Mattias_ASUS Not sure how you come to the conclusion that it's router related when he specifically states that his rog3 doesn't have that issue.

View post
It may be necessary to compare the applications installed on the 2 phones as well as the wifi/mobile data/fusion/battery configuration

MT0
Rising Star II
mbelyea

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 6
  2. Firmware Version: 32.2810.2207.134
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The wifi ping is really bad on this phone especially in 5 ghz. It's not just bad it is unstable. The ping constantly fluctuates. I watched youtube videos of others using this phone to play genshin impact and I noticed their pings were also unstable. I tested my rog phone 3 side by side and that phone was having no issues with ping. I hope Asus can fix this.

Or maybe there is a hidden setting in the phone causing this?

Rog Phone 6 wifi ping issues
Mattias_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225331#Comment_225331

Because of the amount of devices active in a network, it's a pretty common thing, I've had the issue myself because of having a cheapo router at home.

View post
oh my god it's also happening on the rog phone 6 ???? because it's also happening on the rog phone 5 for months now.... I though I'm the only one, my usual ping on genshin impact is around 80 to 90 ping when I'm playing on my asus tuf laptop and on my daily use phone which is a real me phone but every time I play genshin impact on my rog 5 the ping is high and unstable im getting around 110 to 150ping fluctuating ......ASUS IS REALLY BAD ON THEIR PHONE DEPARTMENT and Mattias_ASUS  im pretty sure it's not because of having a cheapo router at home I'm using a rog rapture router and still having the problem here's a video for prof
first clip is on my laptop which around 80 ping to 90 same ping on my real me phone
second clip on my rog phone 5 just look how bad my ping on this phone

Mattias_ASUS
MT0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63273/rog-phone-6-wifi-ping-issues

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/225439#Comment_225439

oh my god it's also happening on the rog phone 6 ???? because it's also happening on the rog phone 5 for months now.... I though I'm the only one, my usual ping on genshin impact is around 80 to 90 ping when I'm playing on my asus tuf laptop and on my daily use phone which is a real me phone but every time I play genshin impact on my rog 5 the ping is high and unstable im getting around 110 to 150ping fluctuating ......ASUS IS REALLY BAD ON THEIR PHONE DEPARTMENT and Mattias_ASUS  im pretty sure it's not because of having a cheapo router at home I'm using a rog rapture router and still having the problem here's a video for prof

first clip is on my laptop which around 80 ping to 90 same ping on my real me phone

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/M17OU23XCXRH/v-20220830-203552-es6.mp4

second clip on my rog phone 5 just look how bad my ping on this phone

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/KM6ERWEZFL1X/vid20220830204843.mp4

View post
First of all: I love the mousepad, gotta love that sweet Evangelion merch.
I will look further into this! I appreciate the videos, I am now testing my device and I'm pretty stable in the European server, with the same firmware.
image.png
But will send a message to R&D so they can look further into this 😄

Mazen_Junaidi
Star III
i have the same issue with my ASUS ROG PHONE 6, and to make sure that the issue is from my device not from anything else, i did factory reset my ASUS ROG PHONE 6, restarted the router, i stuck my nose to the router and tested the 5G speed by three other devices (iphone 12 pro max, ipad mini 6, Note 20 ultra, S22 ultra) and surprizingly my device ASUS ROGO PHONE 6 is the worst because all devices achieved more than 600 mbps but my rog 6 achieved 480 mbps!!! BTW my router speed is 1000 mbps.
wish to fix that because even using ethernet adapter not improoving the quality of the speed and ipad mini 6 is way way better when it comes to ethernet connection speed.
Regards