mbelyea
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 6
Firmware Version: 32.2810.2207.134
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The wifi ping is really bad on this phone especially in 5 ghz. It's not just bad it is unstable. The ping constantly fluctuates. I watched youtube videos of others using this phone to play genshin impact and I noticed their pings were also unstable. I tested my rog phone 3 side by side and that phone was having no issues with ping. I hope Asus can fix this.
Or maybe there is a hidden setting in the phone causing this?
23 REPLIES 23

Jopsik
Star II
I have the same thing and the speed is 2 times the same as it should be at 5GHz

Mattias_ASUS
Hello!
I have just tried playing some Genshin Impact with the ROG6 and did not notice any fluctuation in the 5Ghz WiFi network,
Try restarting your router as it might be a router-related issue.
Let me know if this helps 😄

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
mbelyea

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 6
  2. Firmware Version: 32.2810.2207.134
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The wifi ping is really bad on this phone especially in 5 ghz. It's not just bad it is unstable. The ping constantly fluctuates. I watched youtube videos of others using this phone to play genshin impact and I noticed their pings were also unstable. I tested my rog phone 3 side by side and that phone was having no issues with ping. I hope Asus can fix this.

Or maybe there is a hidden setting in the phone causing this?

Rog Phone 6 wifi ping issues
Went on youtube and checkend your claim, seems there is something funky that can trigger it, 4 reviewers had like you very sporadic ping, while 3 others didn't.
@Mattias_ASUS Not sure how you come to the conclusion that it's router related when he specifically states that his rog3 doesn't have that issue.

Mattias_ASUS
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63273/rog-phone-6-wifi-ping-issues

Went on youtube and checkend your claim, seems there is something funky that can trigger it, 4 reviewers had like you very sporadic ping, while 3 others didn't.

@Mattias_ASUS Not sure how you come to the conclusion that it's router related when he specifically states that his rog3 doesn't have that issue.

View post
Because of the amount of devices active in a network, it's a pretty common thing, I've had the issue myself because of having a cheapo router at home.