This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor problem during conversation

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
During the conversation, when I hold the phone to my ear, sometimes the screen wakes up and my ear starts up various functions of the phone. This is very common after updating to Android 12, previously it was less. Please solve this problem ASAP. Phone software version: 31.1010.0410.72, APP software version: 2.9.0.27_220324
84 REPLIES 84

steve02
Rising Star I
@Mattias_ASUS Thank you! I'm going to do that! But how can i video record the screen when i'm calling someone on ear or have the phone in my pocket? is it ok if I write down at what time i have it in my pocket or on my ear during phone calls?

Mattias_ASUS
steve02

@Mattias_ASUS Thank you! I'm going to do that! But how can i video record the screen when i'm calling someone on ear or have the phone in my pocket? is it ok if I write down at what time i have it in my pocket or on my ear during phone calls?

View post
What you can do is to put your fingers close to the front camera sensors, those should trigger the proximity sensor.
And... it's easier than trying to film the phone while in the pocket.

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
Mattias_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/217199#Comment_217199

What you can do is to put your fingers close to the front camera sensors, those should trigger the proximity sensor.

And... it's easier than trying to film the phone while in the pocket.

View post
If it were that simple, we could say exactly what the error is. Unfortunately, when You try to evoke it in a different way than by the ear, it works fine.

PS. I also confirm what my colleague wrote above - in my pocket it can also activate and call emergency contacts.

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
@Mattias_ASUS
I sent you the log on priv. I am asking other users to send logs to fix this bug as soon as possible

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
I sent some of my logs to @Mattias_ASUS . Please send him also if you have this bug.