Blosky
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 5
Firmware Version: ww_18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: No root
Frequency of Occurrence: Since today, 08/01/2022
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi, i was in the last version (2112.200) using my phone today normally on youtube, then the sound stopped working, i closed youtube and opened it up again but still no sound, i played a music on Deezer and no sound either, i restarted the phone without luck either, i saw that there was a new update (2112.210) so i did the upgrade but i still have no sound. When on a call, the other person can hear me but i cant hear anything, when on speaker, the other person can't hear me.

It was working normally, ¿what happened and how can i fix it?
33 REPLIES 33

Nuggetsu
Star II

ExodusCODM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204076#Comment_204076

Did the same. Fingers crossed. Btw, did they mention whether it's a software or s hardware issue?

View post
Not at all, the guy on the frontdesk was reluctant to say anything really, probably trained to keep their mouths shut I suppose. Just had me fill up an RMA form and sent me on my (un)jolly way.

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
Nuggetsu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204087#Comment_204087

Not at all, the guy on the frontdesk was reluctant to say anything really, probably trained to keep their mouths shut I suppose. Just had me fill up an RMA form and sent me on my (un)jolly way.

View post
Exactly the same . I tell you, something very fishy is going in the underbelly

Nuggetsu
Star II
ExodusCODM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/204111#Comment_204111

Exactly the same . I tell you, something very fishy is going in the underbelly

View post
Just the way corporations work I suppose; I'd probably do the same thing if I were a front desker, customers can be real netherholes sometimes. No matter, we'll see what's their official take on the matter and go from there.
Personally I believe its a software related issue, as during the 15 seconds that the sound came back on one time, the speakers were still excellent sounding. Probably able to be fixed with a software update but based on ASUS's track record that could take anywhere from today to the next 8 months lol.

Blosky
Star II
I don´t even have an asus center nearby lol, good luck with this issue, i´ll have to wait for an update that fix this or something like that.

Nuggetsu
Star II
Update: Got back my phone just now. Front desk told me it was a motherboard issue, so they went ahead and replaced it. The speakers themselves were attached as part of the MB. Sound's back and working exceptionally fine now, no surprises there considering the guts are all new haha.
Can see very slight marks on where they opened up the phone, but overall an exceptional job. Hopefully none of this nonsense repeats itself again.