This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

almiz
Star II
ludho.madrid.95

Hello. This just happened to me awhile ago and I tried all possible combinations. 😞

View post
If you have a local warranty, just take your phone to a service center to replace the motherboard. If the phone was bought in China, then the repair will cost about 500 EUR. ASUS does not want to make official statements about the reasons for the breakdown for 3 months

RotterDamiIm
Star I
almiz

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192250#Comment_192250

If you have a local warranty, just take your phone to a service center to replace the motherboard. If the phone was bought in China, then the repair will cost about 500 EUR. ASUS does not want to make official statements about the reasons for the breakdown for 3 months

View post
What? The motherboard is that costly? I bought it in my country and not in China. I have a local warranty. ASUS usually sends it to the main office in my country.
Frustrated that I have to pay for a motherboard that is entirely not my fault.

daniel91m
Rising Star II
ludho.madrid.95

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/192256#Comment_192256

What? The motherboard is that costly? I bought it in my country and not in China. I have a local warranty. ASUS usually sends it to the main office in my country.

Frustrated that I have to pay for a motherboard that is entirely not my fault.

View post
If you have a guarantee, you will pay nothing.

RotterDamiIm
Star I
Just gave my phone to the service center. Turns out the mainboard (motherboard) is busted. I'm still in warranty so I don't get to pay. But I won't even get a guarantee that the mainboard will be failproof after they fix it. I might not buy another ASUS phone after this.

DroidFIN
Star III
A Finnish tech site got a statement from Asus. You can find it below (translated by Google). Obviously that 5 days repair time it not happening currently.
The company is aware of the problem and is currently monitoring its prevalence on a global scale. At least so far, it has only affected a very small portion of the devices, and the frequency of occurrence may seem higher than it actually is in an active forum discussion for which Asus offers an open Zentalk platform.

According to Asus, the ramdump / debug mode is not the cause of the fault but a consequence, which in turn may be a symptom of many different faults, such as a charging circuit problem, a motherboard fault or some other random fault. In many similar situations, phones from many other manufacturers get stuck on a black screen, boot, or logo scene while Asus phones display this ramdup / debug mode.

All users with a valid warranty and no obvious external damage to the phone are entitled to warranty service for the problem. Asus promises to fix this problem on devices with a maximum service time of 5 days + delivery time. If a problem occurs, it is recommended that the customer contact local Asus Support / Service.