This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] Bad Service! Battery Changed 4 Months ago and now it is very Badly Degraded, Seeing Idle Drain.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Model Name: ZS620KL
Firmware Version:100.10.107.123
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Hardware issue related to new replaced Battery.
On February 24th i got my battery changed from authorised service centre by paying a certain amount thinking that i can use my Zenfone 5z for another 2 years, even when i was getting normal 4hrs of satisfactory SOT for normal use from my 2.6 year old original battery.
About Changed/Replaced battery :-
Until 4 months there was no problem with my changed battery i use to daily get 6hrs of SOT for normal usage. And there was no idle drain.
From last 15 days i started seeing a lot of idle drain issue where i always need to charge my device for 2 times in a day (4 months old new Battery). So here i thought it may be a software issue and i still awaited and tried many battery restricting features for day to day usage but nothing helped and belive me i use to put my device on charge daily with battery care features i.e scheduled charging,Switch by battery level,Dynamic charging upto 80% and many other workarounds but still behaviour of my battery remained as it is. And with frustration Later after 12 days i decided to factory data reset to see if that will help. But issue is still the same.
After Factory data Reset :-
Behaviour is still the same even after using all battery caring features,even i use auto start manager denied all apps and also have restricted many apps but no help.
Now what i am seeing is if i dont use my phone for so long or u can say if it is kept idle/Standby drain keeps running in background while super clean feature for all apps is On, as soon as i lock my device Drain is continous. you can say for for every 1.5 Hr of idle time battery drains 4-5 percent approximately.
Daily while i Go to sleep i have turned super saving mode On, what i see is if i keep my battery 20% before going to sleep at 4.30am until in the morning when i wake up at 10.30am i see that my battery is 2-3% remaining or sometimes phone is switched Off.
Now here i really doubt if my replaced/changed battery is original. Which is provided by authorised service centre. I trusted Authorised service centre for Original battery and so i decided to take a chance and what i now see is something fisshy here even after paying so much to replace a battery. How can a origianal battery degrade soo much just in 4months after replacement?? While my old original battery which came with device use to give me 4hrs of SOT even after 2.5 years of usage before replacement.
Here are some proofs with date and time how battery is degraded and keeps doing idle drain while i was working for long time without unlocking my device (Auto start manager all apps are denied)👇:-
At 4.55 pm 50%
screenshot-20210722-165522226-1.jpg
At 6.20 pm 46%
screenshot-20210722-182039476-1.jpg
At 8.03 pm 41%
screenshot-20210722-200303891-1.jpg
Now at night while going to sleep :-
At 4.25 am 20% (Super saving On)
screenshot-20210723-042506389-1.jpg
At 10.58 am 3% (Woke up)
screenshot-20210723-105804918-1.jpg
Overall SOT i am getting for normal use (4 months old battery only)👇:-
screenshot-20210721-212405833.jpg
Battery page doesnt show that idle drain i dont know why,but aside battery starts to drain continous in the background as soon as i lock my device. 🥺😰
I never had any issues with my Zenfone 5z till date but just taking my device to Authorised service centre to change my battery by trusting them ruined my all Flagship experince and now i am frustrated with such backup. Is my replaced/changed battery not an original battery..??
help me with the solution my battery is still new. I am sad with spare service.
@ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Chris1
Thanks!
55 REPLIES 55

NaitikK
Rising Star I
vkk178

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180855#Comment_180855

Hmm .. Not a very confidence inspiring flagship experience .. Multiple visits for a simple battery replacement . Are they doing R&D on your phone😂 ? Bad if this is your primary phone .

Do you know what they tested in the name of battery replacement ?

Asus Hardware is fine & the device is very capable but this sort of svc exp is disappointing . As much as ZF 8 is tempting , this one is putting me off .

View post
Dude, be very careful with their servicing. It's been over a month and I still don't have my device repaired. I am convinced that the repair staff is untrained, unprofessional and non-transparent. They prolly f**ked up my device in the first 2-3 weeks and ASUS never acknowledges that. All it says is we apologise for the inconvenience. Absolutely horrible experience. This shall be my last ASUS phone. That's for sure!

vkk178
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181875#Comment_181875

Price mentioned on website is exclusive of tax and service charges. So basically with tax and service charges price gets doubled up.

Update :- yesterday i got my battery replaced without any charge and now i am testing it for my daily usage i will definetly keep you posted about battery performance so far all is well 😉

And according to me and internet study accubattery is not a perfect app to study battery health. Also accubattery itself drains alot of battery in background so i dont use it and trust it. To check exact battery health service centre has a tool and a process to check it and according to them my old replaced battery which was showing me an idle drain is still 85% but even service centre was not sure what is the exact problem why drain is not seen for normal use and can only be seen on standby or device is idle.

Service centre have asked me to report if there are any battery performance issue again. So lets hope for good here after....!

On your request i have installed accubattery lets see what will be the results i will share those after 1-2 charge cycles.

Thanks. @vkk178

View post
If only they made their battery testing software avaiable 🙄 I'd use that instead of accubattery .The firmware doesnt even seem to display battery cycle count .. not sure why its hidden from users 🙄

vkk178
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181875#Comment_181875

Price mentioned on website is exclusive of tax and service charges. So basically with tax and service charges price gets doubled up.

Update :- yesterday i got my battery replaced without any charge and now i am testing it for my daily usage i will definetly keep you posted about battery performance so far all is well 😉

And according to me and internet study accubattery is not a perfect app to study battery health. Also accubattery itself drains alot of battery in background so i dont use it and trust it. To check exact battery health service centre has a tool and a process to check it and according to them my old replaced battery which was showing me an idle drain is still 85% but even service centre was not sure what is the exact problem why drain is not seen for normal use and can only be seen on standby or device is idle.

Service centre have asked me to report if there are any battery performance issue again. So lets hope for good here after....!

On your request i have installed accubattery lets see what will be the results i will share those after 1-2 charge cycles.

Thanks. @vkk178

View post
--Duplicate delete--

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Update:- After new battery replacement & my observation concluded that issue still existed and not solved there is idle drain just the diffrence is first i use to see 25%-30% idle drain overnight but now i am able to see 17%-20% idle drain ( may be this is beacuse of new healthy battery)
So later i contacted service centre again on saturday after 2 days of observation and told them that i am still seeing same problem. They suggested me to visit service centre again and they will check with the software whats wrong. So after i visited service centre they flashed OS and my device was downgraded to Android 9 .52 version and told me they dont have latest flash with any of Android 10 version so please keep under observation with Android 9 firmware for one day and later update to Android 10 the other day and see if there is any fix. Also they told if issuse is still same after this process than its board issue. And they need to furthur check with that.
So now let me tell you i was seeing same idle drain with flashed firmware as well as after i updated to Android 10 again. So basically i am clueless now if its hardware board issue as i have no performance issue nor any heating issues then how can my board have issue?
So basically Now my issue is still not solved and i am helpless after a long 10 days process of service centre. So what shall i do the next ??? Visiting service centre again will again lead me to reset my device for 4th time and have to submit my device for more 4-5 days.....!
Why are technicians no that trained to verify issue in one check if fixing one problem will take more than 10 days than how will customer be satisfied and get a solution? @Gustav_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @CH_ASUS
Help me and thanks!

NaitikK
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

Update:- After new battery replacement & my observation concluded that issue still existed and not solved there is idle drain just the diffrence is first i use to see 25%-30% idle drain overnight but now i am able to see 17%-20% idle drain ( may be this is beacuse of new healthy battery)

So later i contacted service centre again on saturday after 2 days of observation and told them that i am still seeing same problem. They suggested me to visit service centre again and they will check with the software whats wrong. So after i visited service centre they flashed OS and my device was downgraded to Android 9 .52 version and told me they dont have latest flash with any of Android 10 version so please keep under observation with Android 9 firmware for one day and later update to Android 10 the other day and see if there is any fix. Also they told if issuse is still same after this process than its board issue. And they need to furthur check with that.

So now let me tell you i was seeing same idle drain with flashed firmware as well as after i updated to Android 10 again. So basically i am clueless now if its hardware board issue as i have no performance issue nor any heating issues then how can my board have issue?

So basically Now my issue is still not solved and i am helpless after a long 10 days process of service centre. So what shall i do the next ??? Visiting service centre again will again lead me to reset my device for 4th time and have to submit my device for more 4-5 days.....!

Why are technicians no that trained to verify issue in one check if fixing one problem will take more than 10 days than how will customer be satisfied and get a solution? @Gustav_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @CH_ASUS

Help me and thanks!

View post
Exactly. Even I am going through a similar experience! This is really annoying. Why should customers suffer even after multiple such occurrences? Is it so hard for ASUS to see and act upon their negligence? Shouldn't ASUS dispose of such victims' cases swiftly and properly so as to cause them the least inconvenience?
Horrible after-sales service!