Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: .86
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: 1-3 days
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I need your help ASUS
This problem occur since second days I use this phone
I hope latest firmware would fix it but it didn't happen
Why my phone will randomly screen freeze when I use it for playing games, open app or browsing?
When my screen freeze I can't do anything and I must force restart it to make it normal again. But that's only temporary solution because it will happen again after 1-3 days
Already tried to disable and force close android webview and google but it doesn't work
Any solution for this?
14 REPLIES 14

FunBike31
Community Legend I
There are 210 open issues on chromium just for memory bugs on mobile, so no I can't find the source of the problem.
just tell you that you have to restart the phone regularly but you already do it
You can try to add the applications in Armory Create and put on On memory cleaner but I am not sure that this will be enough, if it is a memory leak it is no longer part of the application and will have already been cleaned up. closing the application.
With time and rigor you can identify the application in question by launching a single application for 2-3 days, watch the evolution of its memory and that of the phone. If there was no crash, reboot the phone and move on to the next one.
For a problem like this, Game Performance Monitoring (gamebench.net) is ideal but I don't know if a general public user can use it, if I remember correctly the free trial license is 30d. It's not difficult to pick up, you can give it a go.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181523#Comment_181523

It seems the problem is because this phone ram would suddenly reach 100% and makes my phone freeze

Any idea what makes this happens?

View post
Explain how you came to that conclusion.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181560#Comment_181560

Explain how you came to that conclusion.

View post
Because sometimes when I open memory crate or mobile manager sometimes my ram would suddenly increase to more than 70% usage when I not open any app
I think that's abnormal and because of that I think maybe ram usage would increase to 100% when I not check it and make freeze
FYI sometimes when this phone freeze and I force restart it, it will suddenly very lag after I open lock screen for the first time and the screen would freeze again and I must force restart it again
Any idea and solution for this?
FunBike31

There are 210 open issues on chromium just for memory bugs on mobile, so no I can't find the source of the problem.

just tell you that you have to restart the phone regularly but you already do it

You can try to add the applications in Armory Create and put on On memory cleaner but I am not sure that this will be enough, if it is a memory leak it is no longer part of the application and will have already been cleaned up. closing the application.

With time and rigor you can identify the application in question by launching a single application for 2-3 days, watch the evolution of its memory and that of the phone. If there was no crash, reboot the phone and move on to the next one.

For a problem like this, Game Performance Monitoring (gamebench.net) is ideal but I don't know if a general public user can use it, if I remember correctly the free trial license is 30d. It's not difficult to pick up, you can give it a go.

View post
I will try it
Thanks

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Lord_Messi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181588#Comment_181588

Because sometimes when I open memory crate or mobile manager sometimes my ram would suddenly increase to more than 70% usage when I not open any app

I think that's abnormal and because of that I think maybe ram usage would increase to 100% when I not check it and make freeze

FYI sometimes when this phone freeze and I force restart it, it will suddenly very lag after I open lock screen for the first time and the screen would freeze again and I must force restart it again

Any idea and solution for this?

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181586#Comment_181586

I will try it

Thanks

View post
That's normal, all Rog phone have a lot stored in memory because it's the most efficient way of caching things. Why else have tons of RAM if you throw all out anyways and start launching things from scratch?

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181606#Comment_181606

That's normal, all Rog phone have a lot stored in memory because it's the most efficient way of caching things. Why else have tons of RAM if you throw all out anyways and start launching things from scratch?

View post
Then why my phone would suddenly freeze?