Frequency of occurrence: Always.
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
screenshot-2021-07-02-222546.png

screenshot-2021-07-02-222607.png

========================
Detailed description:
Hello,
I just got a new Zenbook 13 OLED and I am still stunned by the display every day I am using it. Unfortunately I have connection problems to my Dell Monitor (P3421w) when connecting it via Thunderbolt. The display is not getting a display signal from my ZenBook (see 1st picture). AsusSupport blames the KVM Switch of the display for this problem and can not help me further.
By experimenting a lot I have found the following: When I am hard resetting the notebook with the power button and restarting it, everything works as it should and I get a signal from my notebook to the Dell Monitor (see 2nd picture). But unfortunately after unplugging it and plugging it in again I am back to not having a signal to my monitor. Connection via HDMI is also working without any problems.
Does anybody have a good explanation for this behaviour? Any ideas what can cause my problem or what I can try to fix this?
I have already updated all firmware (Notebook and Monitor) and tried uninstalling MyAsus but without any results to my problem. What else can i try?
Thanks for any ideas related to this problem!!!
6 REPLIES 6

Hello Pyli,
Thanks a lot for this idea! I have a similiar hub available here and could make a connection to my display via:
Zenbook Thunderbolt --> Hub --> HDMI to Display
So the hub would make it work for me to connect the display through Thunderbolt. Unfortunately I am not getting power delivery now from my hub and would need another USB-C for Power Delivery.
Do you get power delivery from your hub?

Pyli
Star II
For the Ux325 u have 2 USB C ports. and you can connect your laptop charger to either one of them on the board and connect the hub to the other USB C port.
As for the USB C hub that i use, I can also plug the power charger usb c to the hub power port and it also charges it up.
image.png
Note the below picture i am powering the laptop via the hub
image.png