This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug when you switch from 60 or 120 top 90 hz in a dark mode,

Leonardo_Garzi
Star III
I have noticed that when you switch from to 90 from 120 or 60, and you are in a dark zone, the grey change. I have spoken with six people with Zenfone 8 and they confirmed this bug. I put this picture in order to try this bug. It Is important low light and the brithness of smartphone must be low too.
img-20210607-212357-871.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
This is not a bug. Different refresh rates will have slightly different gamma tables and you will notice a small change in tint when toggling between values, especially if the UI is mostly grey.

Leonardo_Garzi
Star III
Ok, but i have a oneplus 8 pro e when i switch from 60 to 120 hz the color don' t change.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Leonardo Garzi

Ok, but i have a oneplus 8 pro e when i switch from 60 to 120 hz the color don' t change.

View post
You're noticing the difference between 60 and 90hz and between 90 and 120hz. If we wouldn't offer 90Hz, then you wouldn't notice a big enough difference to create this thread. We were aware that we couldn't get 90Hz to look as good as 60 and 120hz before we started selling Zenfone 8 but decided to offer this possibility anyway contrary to what other manufacturers have done with phones that offers a 120hz AMOLED.
Would you rather have us remove 90Hz?

Leonardo_Garzi
Star III
Assolutamente no è comodissimo così, però era per capire come mai cambia tonalità quando passa a 90 hz.