System: windows 10 1806
Battery or AC: both
Model: Rog Strix G733QS
Frequency of occurrence: permanent
Reset OS: not yet
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Since the keyboard firmware update 2.7.603 / 2.7.703 (04.30.2021) the following key are not working:
shit key left side
fn keys on both sides therefore no acces for secundar funtion of F1-F12

any idea some one?

69 REPLIES 69

Ihave the same issue with fn and shift key after bios and keyboard firmware update. is it a joke ?? they asked me send back the pc here in france to the fnac store. for 3k euros it's a big joke.

antonello_vuolo
Star II
Same issue here too. Left Shift and both Fn keys stopped working after update.
What's Asus official solution to this???
I suggest to refund us with the full purchase price, so we can buy a more reliable Dell laptop...

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
Thanks to the help of @AntiXeon , we have gather more and clearer information of this issue.
The issue is mostly with EMEA keyboard, because the setting went wrong during the update.
The solution is on the way, now under verification.
If you have urgent need, please kindly send the device to service center to reflash the KB firmware.
Really sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will keep posting the progress here.

Hi @yassine.rafrafi & @antonello.vuolo ,
Please share the product SN in the PM I send you.
Thank you very much.

can not send the device and wait for the keyboard firmeware update that will solve this issue ?

verfai
Star II
same problem here, been braking my head trying to fix it, without having to send it back...this solution is software based or does it still require us to send it back?