Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX434FL WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Vamp
Zen Master I
System: i7 8565u + MX250 + Windows 10 Home + BIOS 304
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX434FL
Frequency of occurrence: Regularly (2-3 times a day)
Reset OS: Yes
========================
I've been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR for quite a while now.
If I reset the windows with full disk cleanup, BSOD goes away for at most 2-3 days and after that error starts coming back.
Every time I reset the PC in reliability error first error I get is:

image.png
image.png
After the first BSOD I get this:
image.png
I don't know how to create or find dump file and device manager does not have any indication of driver error so no way of finding which hardware is causing the problem either its SSD or the motherboard.
MyAsus app don't show any hardware error.
Windows is running all the apps from the Microsoft store and VSCode and TDM-GCC as non Microsoft store application and Stock BIOS.
10 REPLIES 10

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Can you associate the starting of this events to a windows update, or any other update?
Perhaps you already tried it but I've seen many people recommending disabling Fast Startup in Windows 10 would stop LiveKernelEvent code ab. Google for LiveKernelEvent code ab and see.
One recommendation I do is to use system File Checker to repair system files. This would be the first thing I would do.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
Then if you want to try and disable fast startup see
Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Help Forums

Vamp
Zen Master I
MotoWiZ

Can you associate the starting of this events to a windows update, or any other update?

Perhaps you already tried it but I've seen many people recommending disabling Fast Startup in Windows 10 would stop LiveKernelEvent code ab. Google for LiveKernelEvent code ab and see.

One recommendation I do is to use system File Checker to repair system files. This would be the first thing I would do.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corr...

Then if you want to try and disable fast startup see

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

View post
Hi @MotoWiZ ,
Thanks for the information.
I've Checked for the System Integrity and the result is as follows:
image.png
I'm gonna try to disable the fast boot.
Just for cross checking the fast boot mentioned above is same as the fast boot in the BIOS right?

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Don't think so. Fast boot in Bios normaly is to jump Bios Checkings. The fast boot talked above is within windows.
It's like a buffer file created in shutdown, that is read on boot to faster append drivers, etc... the problem is that this can be corrupted or malfunctioning in some way leading to kernel errors.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Vamp
  1. System: i7 8565u + MX250 + Windows 10 Home + BIOS 304
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX434FL
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Regularly (2-3 times a day)
  5. Reset OS: Yes

========================

I've been getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR for quite a while now.

If I reset the windows with full disk cleanup, BSOD goes away for at most 2-3 days and after that error starts coming back.

Every time I reset the PC in reliability error first error I get is:

image.png

image.png

After the first BSOD I get this:

image.png

I don't know how to create or find dump file and device manager does not have any indication of driver error so no way of finding which hardware is causing the problem either its SSD or the motherboard.

MyAsus app don't show any hardware error.

Windows is running all the apps from the Microsoft store and VSCode and TDM-GCC as non Microsoft store application and Stock BIOS.

UX434FL WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR gives only for hardware device and not for softwares.
to know exact Hardware device causing error, you need to check in windows event manager.
uninstall asus software manager application if possible, or make this software service as disabled in windows services.