Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: Android 10 WW_29.14.53.23
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: at all times
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
========================================
When switching to 90 Hz (or switching some apps on auto) the screen visibly changes the color temperature and (maybe) gets a little brighter. Most visible effect of this is an obvious green hue, on the top part of the display, on gray backgrounds (like in Google Messages). It's rather hard to catch it on camera, I'll try again later in better conditions.
I don't think that's expected behavior. It looks almost like the panel isn't a native 90 Hz and goes into some kind of overdrive distorting colors in the process. It's visible with DC dimming on and off, that option does't have much impact on colors to me.
I'm trying to decide if this can be a reason for a replacement and if anyone else noticed this.
4 REPLIES 4

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
zjamnik

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: Android 10 WW_29.14.53.23
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: at all times
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

========================================

When switching to 90 Hz (or switching some apps on auto) the screen visibly changes the color temperature and (maybe) gets a little brighter. Most visible effect of this is an obvious green hue, on the top part of the display, on gray backgrounds (like in Google Messages). It's rather hard to catch it on camera, I'll try again later in better conditions.

I don't think that's expected behavior. It looks almost like the panel isn't a native 90 Hz and goes into some kind of overdrive distorting colors in the process. It's visible with DC dimming on and off, that option does't have much impact on colors to me.

I'm trying to decide if this can be a reason for a replacement and if anyone else noticed this.

Zenfone 7 Pro green screen hue with 90 Hz refresh rate
Samsung AMOLEDS are famous for minor green tint but if you have more than the acceptable amount is hard to say. You will need to send your phone for service so they can evaluate you screen if you think it has too much.

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
I have this issue described here:
dorianmariocroitoru

Hi guys!

Did any of you notice a change in color when shifting to 90hz?

Color shift when switching to 90hz

is it the same?

zjamnik
Star I
Ah, I accidentally replied in the other thread. Yeah mine is different. Looks like a greenish gradient going from the top of the screen when using 90 Hz.
It doesn't show up great on video, I couldn't make it obvious. I'll need to try with a different camera. Or just send it in.
I kind of hoped it will improve with the A11 update, but no luck there. Updated today and it's still the same if not worse.

edddd
Rising Star I
zjamnik

Ah, I accidentally replied in the other thread. Yeah mine is different. Looks like a greenish gradient going from the top of the screen when using 90 Hz.

It doesn't show up great on video, I couldn't make it obvious. I'll need to try with a different camera. Or just send it in.

I kind of hoped it will improve with the A11 update, but no luck there. Updated today and it's still the same if not worse.

View post
Don't send it in. Send it BACK. No kidding, I was "scammed" by ASUS repair partner twice already and the Customer Care Center does not give a damn and suggests to send it in again. As long as it's on 90Hz only, it's a non-issue. I tried 3 Zenfone 7 Pros and they all had the same dark green inconsistency below 50% brightness.