This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved - Intentional design] Serious Flip Camera Issue

GamerArc
Rising Star II

Everytime I am locking or unlocking the phone, there is a small jitter in the flip camera. Even when the screen turns off after 30 seconds time automatically, the same camera jitters...

The sound is pretty clear. By keeping hand on the camera module i can feel the movement of the parts.

Has anyone noticed this??? Why is locking/unlocking the phone triggering this... I have no passowrd or pattern .. just the simple swipe to unlock.
12 REPLIES 12

GamerArc
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS said:
My bad guys, I've been using the phone for a week and never noticed the self retract. I misunderstood the word jitters.  Now that I'm aware of it I'll probably hear it every time I unlock it, thanks for that. 😉 As others have pointed out, this is normal behavior.
I also noticed it after 1 week of usage. 😛

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
As already clarified, the camera module has a lot of mechanisms in place. This is because the concept of our flipping camera goes far beyond what has been implemented before on the market. You may or may not argue that this is "too advanced" but the capabilities are there and the implementation as a result.

When the camera retracts itself back into the cradle - you may notice a double "click" very faintly. This is to ensure the camera is pushed back all the way in. Same thing when you "unlock" the screen, the system makes the same check again and you can hear that faint "click" when the gears engage to make sure the camere is where it is supposed to be.

For example, we allow a free-moving non-locking mechanism, meaning that the camera is never "locked" in place by any gears or brake - so you will notice that when it is "flipped up" you can still push it around. This helps greatly for durability as we prefer it to move when being forced rather than risk a breakage.

GamerArc
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS said:
As already clarified, the camera module has a lot of mechanisms in place. This is because the concept of our flipping camera goes far beyond what has been implemented before on the market. You may or may not argue that this is "too advanced" but the capabilities are there and the implementation as a result.

When the camera retracts itself back into the cradle - you may notice a double "click" very faintly. This is to ensure the camera is pushed back all the way in. Same thing when you "unlock" the screen, the system makes the same check again and you can hear that faint "click" when the gears engage to make sure the camere is where it is supposed to be.

For example, we allow a free-moving non-locking mechanism, meaning that the camera is never "locked" in place by any gears or brake - so you will notice that when it is "flipped up" you can still push it around. This helps greatly for durability as we prefer it to move when being forced rather than risk a breakage.
Yup glad to hear its not a bug.. maybe you can close the thread or edit the thread title.