Star I
System: Windows 10 and BIOS updated latest versions
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: UX450F
Frequency of occurrence: 50%
Reset OS: Not done yet
Screenshot or video: N/A
========================
Detailed description:Hi, I have an issue with my UX450F. I totally love this notebook, but this issue is totally killing my love for it!

When my book is in sleeping mode, it doesn't matter how (pressing power, from start menu, inactive time or closing lid) it sometimes immediately drains battery to 1%. Even though it was 100% and my battery life is normally between 4 and 9h, it drains to 1% in a minute. When I power it on again, I see the regular Windows login screen and a few seconds after it goes into deep sleep. After that, I can press power for 15 seconds, but the only solution is attaching the AC power. After that it looks like it's charging from 1%. But that's just impossible after a 60-80% or more charge..

I couldn't find a similar case. I'm wondering what to do. OS clean install rather not, takes a lot of time and I'm not sure if it will fix this issue.

Hoping someone has a brilliant solution.

Best Regards, Frank
11 REPLIES 11

frank_buiting
Star I
Oh, good idea, thanks! Please find attached. Managed to reduce the video size as well.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
frank.buiting

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/JFQ1FDYKW257/battery-report.zip

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/Q3RRJ98IM77X/vid-20210121-081504-2.mp4

Oh, good idea, thanks! Please find attached. Managed to reduce the video size as well.

View post
i checked the battery report, i unable to get root cause , so i need different energy report ,use below command to get report , 300 means 5 minutes, report is stored in C:\ , after typping command in cmd , wait for 6mintues, once finished means , then upload report

PowerCfg.exe /ENERGY -output C:\Energy-Report21-01-2021.html /duration 300

frank_buiting
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148540#Comment_148540

i checked the battery report, i unable to get root cause , so i need different energy report ,use below command to get report , 300 means 5 minutes, report is stored in C:\ , after typping command in cmd , wait for 6mintues, once finished means , then upload report

PowerCfg.exe /ENERGY -output C:\Energy-Report21-01-2021.html /duration 300

View post
Thanks so far!

Hope you can translate the file.

frank_buiting
Star I
Sorry for the late response, somehow my response wasn't submitted.
Please find attached. It's in Dutch, hope you can translate/understand it.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Frank,
Please kindly check if you have the latest BIOS and ASUS System Control Interface V1 driver
ZenBook Pro 14 UX450|Laptops For Home|ASUS Globalafter the update, please kindly used all the battery till shutdown, the recharge it again.
I think there is something wrong with the battery percentage detection.
Also, may you check the advanced setting of your power options?
image.png
Thank you.