This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound problem (3.5mm, BT Headset & USB audio very low quality output)

Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max pro m2 (ZB630KL)
Firmware Version: QKQ1.WW_Phone-17.2018.2007.428-20200903
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Dear Asus
After android 10 update, I have issue with the sound output of the device. Loudspeaker output is ok but 3.5 mm, BT Headset & USB audio output is so cheap that there is no bass android the audio quality is very bad. And earpiece volume is too low.
Urgent need of solution.
Thanks.
15 REPLIES 15

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
I suggest there is a high possibility of faulty hardware, device or earphones. The sound performance of my device in Android 9 and Android 10 works properly. Normally 30% volume while using the earphones is really loud for me. If you suspect any software issue like 3rd party apps, you can give the Factory Reset a try.

Star II
Thanks for the support.!👍
It means hardware failure. Because a few days ago I installed stock Rom via Computer.

Something i need to know...If you can tell, it'll be grateful.
Last time this device was running on Android 9.
I unlocked the bootloader using ADB command. (Not using the official Unlocker app)
And Give root access using magisk.
Then The Wi-fi, Camera, Flashlight and incoming-outgoing calls doesn't work. (Internet Working)
Why did this happened?

abhaykrishnan02
Zen Master I
Christine_ASUS

I suggest there is a high possibility of faulty hardware, device or earphones. The sound performance of my device in Android 9 and Android 10 works properly. Normally 30% volume while using the earphones is really loud for me. If you suspect any software issue like 3rd party apps, you can give the Factory Reset a try.

View post
many MPM2 users have already said that even after changing earpiece or updating to A10 problem is not solved

Star II
abhaykrishnan02

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130231#Comment_130231

many MPM2 users have already said that even after changing earpiece or updating to A10 problem is not solved

View post
I think (ZB631KL) NFC variant doesn't have problem.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
abhaykrishnan02

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130231#Comment_130231

View post
Hi abhaykrishnan02 
Please note that the user 5227252272 mentioned previously that he has faced the issue since Android 8. For what you said, kindly check another aforementioned link I provided above.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36306/

Hi 5227252272 
Thank you for your asking. Please note that once the device is unlocked, it will no longer be regarded as original product based on ASUS service policy. You may check some website for power users for further discussing.