squall0833
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2 12GB RAM 512GB Global
Firmware Version: latest .17.0240.2009.490
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: -
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):-
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My 10 months old ROG Phone 2
(Updated: Charged from 0% to 100% only takes 50minutes, so that means my battery reduce half just in 10 months??)
charge from 9% to 71% in 21min, is that even normal? (30W charger)
And I feel the battery life is like 4000mah
normally if im playing a heavy game without X mode, it's around 20% per hour

I always use Battery Care since the first day i got it, usually keep battery not lower than 20-30% before charge it,
sometime below 20% but no less than 8% (very rare i go that low)
and usually charged at 80%, or go to 100% on battery care timer before I leave to work.
Also I usually keep it away from warm place, battery temperature during charging is 39-41 no more than 41c
and 37c during gaming, I know heat is the main reason battery dies fast, so I always keep it as good as possible
but then it can fully charged within an hour, I heard that a normal rog phone 2 with 30w fully charged time is 1hour 40mins+
thats HUGE difference compare to mine...

Standby drain:
4G Data enabled
Wifi Enabled
Bluetooth off
Location off
3%/h if no mistake,
I will GSam Battery monitor from now on and watch closely

Also one thing I would like to say:
Normally it's bad to always charge battery at 100%, but when battery hits 100%, If i let it plugged, for maybe a 10 more minutes. unplug it and use it maybe facebook or some tasks, battery indicator remain 100% lasts for quite a long time (10-20minutes at 100%) before it starts to go down.
is this also normal?
13 REPLIES 13

squall0833
Star II
It's 1hour 38min since 1% and it's still going with screen never off, 120hz, full brightness + playing YouTube video
why is that 1 % last so long? battery indicator miss calculated thats why I always have the "short battery life"?
Edit: it finally shuts off, that 1% lasted for 2hours 23mins
Im charging it from 0 to 100 and see how much total charging time, hopefully it is around 1hour 40mins.
Edit2: Phone charged from 0 to 100 way too fast.. only takes 50min with 30w charger.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
squall0833

It's 1hour 38min since 1% and it's still going with screen never off, 120hz, full brightness + playing YouTube video

why is that 1 % last so long? battery indicator miss calculated thats why I always have the "short battery life"?

Edit: it finally shuts off, that 1% lasted for 2hours 23mins

Im charging it from 0 to 100 and see how much total charging time, hopefully it is around 1hour 40mins.

Edit2: Phone charged from 0 to 100 way too fast.. only takes 50min with 30w charger.

View post
There's couple of points regarding the last couple of percentage. The phone will go into battery save mode by default, unless you have turned this off already.
Constantly using 120hz will definately drain the battery, so I would go for 90hz as your daily driver to see if that has any impact on how long you use the phone.
It will be good to show a screenshot of the Battery menu.
I would perform a factory reset to see if that addresses the problem. This should iron out any software problems.
If that doesn't address the issue and if the phone feels like it has degraded from 6000mah, then I will suggest visiting service centre.

squall0833
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121160#Comment_121160

There's couple of points regarding the last couple of percentage. The phone will go into battery save mode by default, unless you have turned this off already.

Constantly using 120hz will definately drain the battery, so I would go for 90hz as your daily driver to see if that has any impact on how long you use the phone.

It will be good to show a screenshot of the Battery menu.

I would perform a factory reset to see if that addresses the problem. This should iron out any software problems.

If that doesn't address the issue and if the phone feels like it has degraded from 6000mah, then I will suggest visiting service centre.

View post
hi, just a little update, after fully charged at 100% in 50mins, i decided to let it remain plugged until 1 hour 40min
after that, I start to use the phone, straight open the game "Perfect World Mobile" at high graphic setting, 40fps
continuously play the game, that 100% lasts for a total 1h 25m game time before start going down to 99, 98...
that looks like battery capacity seems still fine, but the indicator miscalculated

ronald1985
Community Legend I
squall0833

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121197#Comment_121197

hi, just a little update, after fully charged at 100% in 50mins, i decided to let it remain plugged until 1 hour 40min

after that, I start to use the phone, straight open the game "Perfect World Mobile" at high graphic setting, 40fps

continuously play the game, that 100% lasts for a total 1h 25m game time before start going down to 99, 98...

that looks like battery capacity seems still fine, but the indicator miscalculated

View post
Sounded like battery needs calibration, which is what you have done.