Battery or AC:
Model: X540ubr
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: Windows 10 64bit
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi
I install "Asus Battery Health Charging" and select "Maximum lifespan mode". It work truly and my battery charge to 60% and then stop charging. (grate)
I turn of my system and battery continue to not charging (charging led color is white). (grate)
but when turn it on, charging led color turned red and battery start charging until windows completely start up, then charging stoped. and I see that charging increased to 62%
anybody can help me why Asus Battery Health Charging Not Work truly
Tanks
26 REPLIES 26

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello HiMAN,
Below information for your reference.

ASUS Battery Information Center
Thank you.

HiMAN
Star I
Tanks again
"The life of a Li-ion battery is approximately between 300-500 cycles"
I think every time voltage connect and disconnect reduce one cycle, if true, every power on and off system reduce one cycle because my system start charging from start until windows come up.

HiMAN
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello HiMan,

After confirming with technical support,

charging during "boot up to entering OS" is normal since no app can be functioning during this period of time.

ASUS Battery Health Charging will start functioning once device enter OS, and then the charging will stop.

Hope you can understand.

Also, no need to worry that the battery goes up to 62%, it is still in a very good condition.

Thank you.

View post
This is wonderful, because when my system is off battery stop charging in 60%.
For example I set "battery Health Charging" in Maximum lifespan then connect charger to laptop, when battery charge is for example 40%, I turn off my system and When turn on again after for example 8 hours, I see that battery not charging over 60%
This shows that "Battery Health Charging" work if my system is off.
Thanks a lot for your follow up

HiMAN
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello HiMAN,

Below information for your reference.

https://www.asus.com/support/article/604/

Thank you.

View post
If there was an option in Bios Then I could charge battery to 60% and then disable battery and after two week enabled it and Charge and discharge it one cycle and charge to 60% again and then disable it for two week.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
HiMAN

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115909#Comment_115909

This is wonderful, because when my system is off battery stop charging in 60%.

For example I set "battery Health Charging" in Maximum lifespan then connect charger to laptop, when battery charge is for example 40%, I turn off my system and When turn on again after for example 8 hours, I see that battery not charging over 60%

This shows that "Battery Health Charging" work if my system is off.

Thanks a lot for your follow up

View post
this application is controlling the battery charging. .I also checked when I set 60% charging stops automatically even if adapter is connected to laptop and powered on, also it starts charging when battery power reaches to 58%.
Check the completed battery cycles of your laptop Battery. .
in my laptop, current Battery charging capacity is decreased from 35000mah to 27350 after 690 cycles is completed.