Battery or AC: ADP-180UB B
Model: FX505DU-BQ038
Frequency of occurrence: 1-2 times per day
Reset OS: YES
Screenshot or video: -
========================
Detailed description:
Hi everyone!
As the title says, my 6 months old pc has this issue that it's randomly (while gaming or watching videos on youtube etc.) stuttering. In games, the display stuttering for 1-2 seconds and sound at that moment becomes like a slow motion audio. Same thing happens while watching videos. Also, when I'm only reading on websites, sometimes I can see that my mouse cursor moves slowly,like low fps, so it's not happening only while gaming or watching videos.
BIOS VERSION: 310
Both Asus's and AMD-Nvidia 's display drivers have tested. Problem still occurs.
16gb single channel RAM tested with Memtest86, no errors.
Temperatures seem OK, as I mentioned problem doesn't only occur at heavy load. So, I don't think it's an overheating issue.
I started to suspect about my ac adapter, can it cause a problem like this? What are your opinions and suggestions?
Thank you.
16 REPLIES 16

yusufoozturk
Star II
I will send device to them check the all hardware, which I believe , this problem is hardware based.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Ok carry on. As your wish

LoweRus
Rising Star I
Guys, I faced exactly the same problem, I can't find the answer, did you solve this problem? Tell everything you know!

yusufoozturk
Star II
As i can see in your videos, your problem is a little bit different than mine. I've sent my pc to asus service and they cleaned it up and repaste the cpu,gpu. Tuf models suffer from insufficient backplate cooling desing, there is not enough room for air to get inside. So it's thermal throttling mostly. I clean the fans by myself now, trying to keep the dust away and in some heavy games it's stuttering for a second, rarely.
at your 3rd video, the SSD seems suspicious to me, better check it first. And clean the fans, if your warranty continues, send it to the Asus service for detailed cleaning. Also use the drivers from Asus's website. I only use the newest drivers from amd and nvidia's website for gpus and chipset. The rest from the Asus.
Good luck!

LoweRus
Rising Star I
yusufoozturk

As i can see in your videos, your problem is a little bit different than mine. I've sent my pc to asus service and they cleaned it up and repaste the cpu,gpu. Tuf models suffer from insufficient backplate cooling desing, there is not enough room for air to get inside. So it's thermal throttling mostly. I clean the fans by myself now, trying to keep the dust away and in some heavy games it's stuttering for a second, rarely.

at your 3rd video, the SSD seems suspicious to me, better check it first. And clean the fans, if your warranty continues, send it to the Asus service for detailed cleaning. Also use the drivers from Asus's website. I only use the newest drivers from amd and nvidia's website for gpus and chipset. The rest from the Asus.

Good luck!

View post
So you're saying your problem was cooling? It's just that for me, it seems, it is not connected with cooling, since the bug also manifests itself at low temperatures in the absence of any load. + My pc is still completely new (1 month), it stands on a cooling pad, there can be no talk of any dust or dirt. + I would not say that it gets very hot for me, only once I saw a temperature of 94 degrees, and basically in any games it heats up to 85-87 degrees.