This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating when I close the lid (sleep mode) on battery

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Description: Laptop overheats when on battery and I close the lid (sleep mode)
Model: Zenbook pro 14 ux480
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: No

Hello! My new Zenbook pro 14 overheats when I close the lid and goes to sleep mode. This happens 50% of the times when the pc is on battery and sometimes drains the battery. What could be the cause? Any hint to solve this? Thanks in advance.
30 REPLIES 30

I have the same issue and changing the settings did not solve this problem.

daniel_dopiriak
Star II
I do have same problem
Notebook type: asus zenbook 14 um425IA
Simply notebook starts overheating when it's put to sleep and drains the battery + it won't turn on (I have to force the restart by holding the power button).
Is there some solution or should I return the notebook?

Awooga
Star I
daniel.dopiriak

I do have same problem

Notebook type: asus zenbook 14 um425IA

Simply notebook starts overheating when it's put to sleep and drains the battery + it won't turn on (I have to force the restart by holding the power button).

Is there some solution or should I return the notebook?

View post
Well I thought I'm the only one having this problem. Just bought the same laptop as you the Zenbook 14 UM425IA.
For me it only occurs sometimes, but there's one time that it really bother me as I closed the lid I thought it already went to sleep so I put it on my bag, but to my surprise when I took out a couple of hours later I realize the laptop when quite hot, because it's inside the bag and the second time just happen before I type this, that's why I'm looking through out the forum is anyone has the same problem like me.
Can anyone from Asus tell us what happen is it gonna fix by software or firmware update? or is it just a defect and should I returned the laptop? I already search a couple of video regarding this issues but it's not about the close the lid option as it is by default put to sleep when closing the lid.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Awooga

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/108083#Comment_108083

Well I thought I'm the only one having this problem. Just bought the same laptop as you the Zenbook 14 UM425IA.

For me it only occurs sometimes, but there's one time that it really bother me as I closed the lid I thought it already went to sleep so I put it on my bag, but to my surprise when I took out a couple of hours later I realize the laptop when quite hot, because it's inside the bag and the second time just happen before I type this, that's why I'm looking through out the forum is anyone has the same problem like me.

Can anyone from Asus tell us what happen is it gonna fix by software or firmware update? or is it just a defect and should I returned the laptop? I already search a couple of video regarding this issues but it's not about the close the lid option as it is by default put to sleep when closing the lid.

View post
In sleep mode also laptop harddisk and cpu works background,.
also I suspect many applications are running background in battery power.
I don't have your model laptop , but try disable background running applications and see . reply to me

Awooga
Star I

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112143#Comment_112143

In sleep mode also laptop harddisk and cpu works background,.

also I suspect many applications are running background in battery power.

I don't have your model laptop , but try disable background running applications and see . reply to me

View post
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Very well I'll try to turn off all the background apps for a couple of days and see if it is the problem. but Asus need to solve this issues via firmware update. Otherwise it really defeat the purpose of running background apps right. If the problem still exist I might just shut down my laptop every time I'm done using it. Which is really annoying.