This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Vivobook Pro 15 (K3500PC) does not support 2 external displays; no thunderbolt 4?

jstadel
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC:
Model: Vivobook Pro 15 OLED (K3500PC)
Frequency of occurrence: permanent
Reset OS: won't help
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Asus customer support just told me that my brand-new Vivobook Pro 15 (K3500PC) does not support multi stream transport (MST) which is required to connect 2 external displays via thunderbolt port.
The laptop has a thunderbolt 4 port (according to Asus product spec), but the thunderbolt specification requires a minimum of 2 displays with 4K to connect to 1 single thunderbolt pc-port to meet the thunderbolt 4 spec certification.
Is Asus cheating its customer?
Can multi channel transport be enabled by configuration?
What's the reason why the TB4 port does not match the expectations? Shortage on chips/controller?
6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS
jstadel
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: Vivobook Pro 15 OLED (K3500PC)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: permanent
  5. Reset OS: won't help
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Asus customer support just told me that my brand-new Vivobook Pro 15 (K3500PC) does not support multi stream transport (MST) which is required to connect 2 external displays via thunderbolt port.

The laptop has a thunderbolt 4 port (according to Asus product spec), but the thunderbolt specification requires a minimum of 2 displays with 4K to connect to 1 single thunderbolt pc-port to meet the thunderbolt 4 spec certification.

Is Asus cheating its customer?

Can multi channel transport be enabled by configuration?

What's the reason why the TB4 port does not match the expectations? Shortage on chips/controller?

Asus Vivobook Pro 15 (K3500PC) does not support 2 external displays; no thunderbolt 4?
@jstadel
Your laptop's Thunderbolt version is indeed Thunderbolt 4.
If you want to connect two monitors, the monitor specification must be 4K monitor. (8K will not work)
So I would recommend that you confirm the specifications of the external screen you want to connect.
Thank you.

jstadel
Star I
The external screens I want to connect are two Full-HD Dell S2421NX monitors. So the monitors resolution shouldn't be an issue.

Falcon_ASUS
jstadel

The external screens I want to connect are two Full-HD Dell S2421NX monitors. So the monitors resolution shouldn't be an issue.

View post
@jstadel
If you connect one separate screen first, can it display normally?

jstadel
Star I
If I connect just one display to the laptop TB4 port it works fine. If I connect the TB4 hub to the laptop and 2 displays to the hub, just 1 display works. If I connect 1 display to the laptop TB4 port or to the hub, I can also connect a second display to the HDMI port and it works. The issue is just with the TB4 port.