This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Android 12) Fastboot device not detected in Windows

frantsy
Star III
Hi, I just updated my zenfone 8 to Android 12 firmware (WW-31.1004.0404.81). While ADB continues to work correctly, I found that the driver does not work for Fastboot. The device in Windows device manager is shown as unknown and I found the device ID as USB\VID_0B05&PID_4EE0 which is NOT found in the driver's inf file (android_winusb.inf). (For ADB, the device ID is USB\VID_0B05&PID_7770 and can be found in the inf file).
Would ASUS support team please take a look and maybe the driver need some update?
I manually worked around the problem by adding USB\VID_0B05&PID_4EE0 in the driver files and accepted unsigned drivers in Windows to get fastboot to work.

3 REPLIES 3

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
Try the same steps from the video with the Asus USB Driver from the support page

This is what worked for me.

frantsy
Star III
Thanks for your advice. I already did that but it did not work unless I modified the driver details to match the hardware device ID of the "unknown" device reported by Windows. I don't know whether it's different for each device.

resty22
Star II

I'm also suffering from this problem. To be honest it's really disappointing that ASUS doesn't support its flagship phones with USB drivers for developers and enthusiasts! 

It's very poor to have to rely on other users and community members to provide solutions where ASUS does not!

Anyway, for anyone else suffering the same, here is how to modify the drivers:

1. Download the ASUS Android USB drivers for Windows:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS590KS/ASUS_Android_USB_drivers_for_Windows_20160331.zip

2. Open up the following file in a text editor:

ASUS_Android_USB_drivers_for_Windows\Windows_XP_VISTA_7_8_8.1\Android\android_winusb.inf

3. Find the section headed "[ASUS.NTamd64]"

4. At the bottom of that section (line 401 in my case) add the following line:

%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0B05&PID_4EE0

5. Save the file.

6. Disable driver signing in Windows (search online for how to do this) then reboot your computer

7. Now go into Device Manager and you can use your modified driver file to install the missing ASUS device.

8. Reconsider ever purchasing an ASUS product in the future!