This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader version "WW_user_100.10.107.123" fails to provide USB Device Descriptor

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Firmware Version: Build is "QKQ1.191008.001.WW_user_100.10.109.123_20210131" and Kernel "4.9.186-perf+". Bootloader version "WW_user_100.10.107.123"
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Bootloader/Fastboot version "WW_user_100.10.107.123"
Computer OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS build  19045.2130, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0, also tested on Windows 7 and Linux Mint. Both
Model Name: ASUS Zenfone 5z (ZS620KL) (Z01RD)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've unlocked my bootloader via the official tool and rebooted into fastboot mode, but I'm afraid my device isn't being correctly detected on Windows 10. I've tried multiple windows 10 devices and multiple cables. The device comes up as "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" in Device manager, and under events lists "Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\7&192ea77b&0&4 was configured."
I know that's a generic VID & PID which indicates that the USB-C port is failing to provide the USB Descriptors required to identify which drivers are needed, so I'm stuck unable to access the device via my PC.
I've tried this on many different systems (apparently AMD Ryzen has issues, tried on Intel, AMD Ryzen and AMD FX), different USB-C cables, different OS (Linux Mint, Win7 and Win10), different drivers (Google vs ASUS vs My own modified ASUS hack), sideloading "WW-100.10.107.123" via stock recovery. Nothing works suggesting it could be a corrupted fastboot bootloader image, which is immensely frustrating when I can connect and transfer data fine via cable. I have the latest version of Google Platform Tools, and I've re-downloaded and installed the drivers from the Asus Support page. Not had this issue in the past with my Zenfone 3...
2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hi, Rooted_Like_A_Tree.
As I replied in another of your posts, this model has stopped maintaining the Unlock Device App.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for supporting ASUS products.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.