Bluetooth broken since update

RoystoysRoystoys Level 4
edited March 17 in ZenFone 7 Series

Since the last update my Bluetooth is a nightmare,no one can hear me properly.

I have it connected to a 2019 Toyota HiAce,s multi media unit and has always been crystal clear now I can hear them but they can't hear me properly.

Has anyone else come across this bug ?

Any ideas on a fix that doesn't involve a full reset?

Best Answers

• RoystoysRoystoys Level 4
    Answer ✓

God they are coming thick and fast lately, what's this make three updates in as many weeks?

I have managed, after three hard resets, to get my phone working properly again I don't know if I trust another update

Answer ✓

Finally got to check with another phone. The other phone ( Nokia G10) works fine,at the same time this ZenFone 7 doesn't work.

Time to put a claim in

• DanishbluntDanishblunt Level 5
    Answer ✓

Because bluetooth is a mess. I know that if bluetooth uses low power mode, the data transfer becomes very restricted and slow. If something works fine when something is on but works badly when something is on standby and is related to bluetooth then it's very likely related to LE mode, which makes sense as the bluetooth modules do suck quite a ton of battery and it wouldnt make much sense to leave it on stock mode as it would drain a ton of battery in standby, which as I believe the OP actually does.

Maybe ASUS could make a feature where it detects a headset or similair is being used (not connected, but actually used) and then turns of the LE mode off bluetooth temporarily.

• DanishbluntDanishblunt Level 5
    Answer ✓

Same with the entire A11 on 7T, it was quite a nightmare as well, bug fiesta. ASUS got a way better grip on that, less bloated, less things to break.

As of now, I would defnitely wait and see whats going on with the ZF9. ASUS taking this long is extremely good news, phones with 8 gen1 pushed out and are not exacly impressive, gaming phones also out in feb and we still haven't heard from ASUS yet which means this time quality control is being taken very serious, they seem to have learned that rushing phones will only cause lots and lots of trouble and money in the long run (see zf8 non flip and Rog5 problems/bricks)

Answer ✓

I don't know if this is possible but can a bad data cable corrupt android auto in my van ?

I am asking because I recently purchased a high quality Anker cable for my van to connect my wireless AAWireless dongle to my van and now it works great on either Sim card.

If that is possible I perhaps should have bought one ages ago.

Answer ✓

Well I think I finally worked out what the problem was,I know I have said this before but this fix has lasted a few weeks now, all it was was a corrupt data cable,is this possible?? I purchased a high quality Anker cable and like that everything works again. I don't really understand why but it seems that when I connected my wireless android auto dongle with the bad cable to my van it would cause my vans multi media to play up including Bluetooth calls made after disconnecting it . Man talk about touchy ,it nearly drove me up the bloody wall . I knew I would get there in the end 😅

Comments

This discussion has been closed.