This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth broken since update

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Since the last update my Bluetooth is a nightmare,no one can hear me properly.
I have it connected to a 2019 Toyota HiAce,s multi media unit and has always been crystal clear now I can hear them but they can't hear me properly.
Has anyone else come across this bug ?
Any ideas on a fix that doesn't involve a full reset?
62 REPLIES 62

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Well my dalliance with OnePlus didn't last long. Great phone but they really stuffed up A12 bugs,bugs bugs and some more bugs. On A11 it was great so I suppose I could have rolled back to it but I only had so much time to return it for a refund. To top it off I still had the same issue with android auto and Bluetooth with the OnePlus but I think ( I know famous last words) but this time I have my fingers and toes crossed.
I have suspected it may be the Vodafone Sim card so I purchased a new Telstra prepaid 5G Sim card and so far it is like new again. The Telstra prepaid card is only valid for a month so I have that long to test it and see what happens. The Vodafone Sim card is a 12 month Sim and I am only a little less than 2 months into it , just about when my nightmare problem started, so I suppose I will keep it in number 2 slot and if the problem really is gone I will pay for a year on the Telstra prepaid card and keep that one in number 1 slot.
I can see a light at the end of this tunnel I just hope it's not a 🚆 Train 🤣

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Roystoys

Well my dalliance with OnePlus didn't last long. Great phone but they really stuffed up A12 bugs,bugs bugs and some more bugs. On A11 it was great so I suppose I could have rolled back to it but I only had so much time to return it for a refund. To top it off I still had the same issue with android auto and Bluetooth with the OnePlus but I think ( I know famous last words) but this time I have my fingers and toes crossed.

I have suspected it may be the Vodafone Sim card so I purchased a new Telstra prepaid 5G Sim card and so far it is like new again. The Telstra prepaid card is only valid for a month so I have that long to test it and see what happens. The Vodafone Sim card is a 12 month Sim and I am only a little less than 2 months into it , just about when my nightmare problem started, so I suppose I will keep it in number 2 slot and if the problem really is gone I will pay for a year on the Telstra prepaid card and keep that one in number 1 slot.

I can see a light at the end of this tunnel I just hope it's not a 🚆 Train 🤣

View post
Same with the entire A11 on 7T, it was quite a nightmare as well, bug fiesta. ASUS got a way better grip on that, less bloated, less things to break.
As of now, I would defnitely wait and see whats going on with the ZF9. ASUS taking this long is extremely good news, phones with 8 gen1 pushed out and are not exacly impressive, gaming phones also out in feb and we still haven't heard from ASUS yet which means this time quality control is being taken very serious, they seem to have learned that rushing phones will only cause lots and lots of trouble and money in the long run (see zf8 non flip and Rog5 problems/bricks)

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202395#Comment_202395

Same with the entire A11 on 7T, it was quite a nightmare as well, bug fiesta. ASUS got a way better grip on that, less bloated, less things to break.

As of now, I would defnitely wait and see whats going on with the ZF9. ASUS taking this long is extremely good news, phones with 8 gen1 pushed out and are not exacly impressive, gaming phones also out in feb and we still haven't heard from ASUS yet which means this time quality control is being taken very serious, they seem to have learned that rushing phones will only cause lots and lots of trouble and money in the long run (see zf8 non flip and Rog5 problems/bricks)

View post
Yes I am with you there especially now that I have worked out what was going wrong with this zenfone 7. So far on the Telstra Sim and no problems ( fingers crossed still though) . But I am waiting on the zenfone 9 . Pity about OnePlus but it is an incredibly bit of hardware what a pity about the software, you did warn me. I also purchased a OnePlus 9 warp wireless charger, full charge from zero to 100% in less than an hour and a half brilliant stuff. I think I will keep the charger ,who knows maybe Asus will put a coil in a zenfone one day that will take 50 watt fast charging

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202421#Comment_202421

Yes I am with you there especially now that I have worked out what was going wrong with this zenfone 7. So far on the Telstra Sim and no problems ( fingers crossed still though) . But I am waiting on the zenfone 9 . Pity about OnePlus but it is an incredibly bit of hardware what a pity about the software, you did warn me. I also purchased a OnePlus 9 warp wireless charger, full charge from zero to 100% in less than an hour and a half brilliant stuff. I think I will keep the charger ,who knows maybe Asus will put a coil in a zenfone one day that will take 50 watt fast charging

View post
I doubt it, as wireless charging is very damaging to the battery and ASUS has a clear policy of keeping battery as long as possible alive.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202489#Comment_202489

I doubt it, as wireless charging is very damaging to the battery and ASUS has a clear policy of keeping battery as long as possible alive.

View post
Yeah I know it's not good for the battery but I don't keep phone long enough to worry about it