This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is ASUS VivoBook X415MA upgradable?

nuelowen
Star I
I recently got a new laptop to aid me in my studies. It's an entry-level laptop so it gets the job done and I'm quite satisfied. I'm only asking, are the components upgradable? Like the storage, CPU and RAM. It comes with 250GB storage and 4GB RAM. Also, is the pre-installed memory soldered on? And is there an extra empty slot? If so, how much RAM can it handle?
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
nuelowen

I recently got a new laptop to aid me in my studies. It's an entry-level laptop so it gets the job done and I'm quite satisfied. I'm only asking, are the components upgradable? Like the storage, CPU and RAM. It comes with 250GB storage and 4GB RAM. Also, is the pre-installed memory soldered on? And is there an extra empty slot? If so, how much RAM can it handle?

@nuelowen
Your 4GB RAM is onboard memory, it cannot be replaced.
The laptop also has another memory slot, you can insert a 8GB memory to use.
The memory specification is DDR4(2400MHz).
Support Max. HDD: 1TB
Support Max. capacity for one M.2 SSD: 512G
Thank you.  

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
nuelowen

Also, processor cannot be upgraded because the processor chipset is limited