Camera stop flipping and proximity sensor is not working

mla09
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS330KL
Firmware Version: 17.1810.211.183
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera, WhatsApp, Phone Call
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since the last update my camera stopped flipping and also all apps that depends on proximity sensor have issues.
1)Whatsapp gives me a black screen and ear speaker activation when hearing audios.
2)When I'm using Cam or Instagram stories, there is no flipping camera and the blocking message appears.
3)In Phone Calls, another black screen issue. This is the only that I solved turning off the proximity sensor on calls.
What I've tried? I removed the screen protector and cleaned the sensor area. Made the sensor test that failed. And found that this is a COMMON issue in this forum. I'm sure as others that this is due to the last update.
screenshot-20210107-212950500.jpg
screenshot-20210107-212919152.jpg

Is Asus giving any attention to this issue? Will it be corrected in Android 11 version?

2 REPLIES 2

_jis_
Zen Master III
From your description, I'd be more likely to see it as a HW glitch, or a loose cable. Did your phone suffer from the impact?
Here's how you go: make a complete backup, then do a factory reset. If that doesn't work, you can still try updating to Android 11. If that doesn't help, visit the service.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mla09

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZS330KL
  2. Firmware Version: 17.1810.211.183
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera, WhatsApp, Phone Call

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Since the last update my camera stopped flipping and also all apps that depends on proximity sensor have issues.

1)Whatsapp gives me a black screen and ear speaker activation when hearing audios.

2)When I'm using Cam or Instagram stories, there is no flipping camera and the blocking message appears.

3)In Phone Calls, another black screen issue. This is the only that I solved turning off the proximity sensor on calls.

What I've tried? I removed the screen protector and cleaned the sensor area. Made the sensor test that failed. And found that this is a COMMON issue in this forum. I'm sure as others that this is due to the last update.

screenshot-20210107-212950500.jpg

screenshot-20210107-212919152.jpg

Is Asus giving any attention to this issue? Will it be corrected in Android 11 version?

Camera stop flipping and proximity sensor is not working
Please remove any screen protector and case that you might have and clean your phone. In 9.5 cases out of 10, this is the cause of these issues
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/7924/asus-6z-proximity-sensor-not-work