Battery drains dramatically fast

jayh625
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version: .98
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Chrome latest version
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello. I've been using rog 3 for 8 days. The battery drains really fast. I used chrome for web surfing only after charged to 100%. It drains 9% for 90 mins which means 10mins per 1% battery. Is it faulty battery or just optimization of rog 3 is really bad? Tried factory reset and resetting google play store from another thread, but none works.

9 REPLIES 9

doktoralbonista
Star III
jayh625

1. Model Name: Rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: .98
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Chrome latest version

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Hello. I've been using rog 3 for 8 days. The battery drains really fast. I used chrome for web surfing only after charged to 100%. It drains 9% for 90 mins which means 10mins per 1% battery. Is it faulty battery or just optimization of rog 3 is really bad? Tried factory reset and resetting google play store from another thread, but none works.

Just bad optimization. Battery is acting like 4200mah in huawei p30 pro. You have to accept that asus firmware sucks.

Noix
Rising Star II
jayh625

1. Model Name: Rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: .98
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Chrome latest version

That's normal with google chrome, on every phone it drains a lot of battery

kekwai123
Star I
not the google problem make battery drains fast. me before 78 version battery also drains fast and then last day i update to 98 version really drains more fast asus really until now no fix it the battery drains faster problem since this phone is use 6000mah battery ever i use othe phone 4000 mah battery also never drains faster like this

zickyzz
Star II
Yeah I notice that my pixel 3 xl does better than this phone. But it's odd, something the battery life does really really good and some days it feels like the phone is leaking battery acid or something lol. Tho I notice it does good when I restart the phone.