Is there a way to keep the fan running with the screen off?

EmoEmo Level 1
edited November 2020 in ROG Phone 2

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2
  2. Baseband version M3.23.44.9-Yoda_001522
  3. Kernel version 4.14.117-perf [email protected] #1 Fri Sep 25 19:32:13 CST 2020
  4. Build number QKQ1.190825.002.WW_Phone-17.0240.2009.49
  5. Extension ROM 1.1.225
  6. Rooted or not: NO!
  7. Frequency of Occurrence: Always.
  8. APP Name & APP Version - Armoury Crate

========================================

Hello dear ASUS engineers, and knowledgeable forum users,

Is there any way to keep the fan running, while the screen of the phone is off?

I couldn't find any way to keep the fan running while the screen of the phone is off. If you wonder why the #ūçk you need the fun running with the screen off, the reason is very simple — I don't use the phone for gaming (only), but also as a fairly powerful desktop computer. Believe it or not, the ROG Phone is outperforming my old desktop computer in rendering of CAD photorealistic 3-D images. The combination ROG Phone + Docking station equals a very nice desktop computer. (Especially in X-mode.)

The only problem is that I don't need the screen while rendering the image, but the fan is running only when the screen is on. And the phone is getting really hot under 111% load. It definitely needs the fan to keep the temperatures from going wild, hot is not good neither for the battery, nor the CPU/GPU. The following is a screenshot with the fan set on maximum speed:

Please, consider adding the option to keep the fan running regardless of the screen status - On or Off.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Best regards.

The following rendered images, and many more like them, were rendered under 3 hours time each! I love the ROG Phone!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.