This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical dark lines at 120Hz at gray backgrounds Asus ROG Phone II

Hello,
My Asus Rog Phone II has gray vertical lines if I use it at 120Hz refresh rate on a gray background. I noticed it first into the Youtube App search bar. At 90Hz it's slightly visible at 60Hz not. I got my Screen replaced one week ago but now it's the same and slightly worser then before. Does someone else got this kind of problem? If you change the settings to 120Hz use it several minutes then try a gray background.
greetings

8 REPLIES 8

Not applicable
kohlmann.lukas

Hello,

My Asus Rog Phone II has gray vertical lines if I use it at 120Hz refresh rate on a gray background. I noticed it first into the Youtube App search bar. At 90Hz it's slightly visible at 60Hz not. I got my Screen replaced one week ago but now it's the same and slightly worser then before. Does someone else got this kind of problem? If you change the settings to 120Hz use it several minutes then try a gray background.

greetings

Can you attach a pic of the lines??

Not applicable
kohlmann.lukas

Hello,

greetings

I tried 120hz display on my rog phone 2 and i suspect no black lines on grey background. I suggest you to go into safe mode and do a full smmi test of your phone and check the display and all other hardware. To go in safemode just hold the power off icon and a prompt will come that will tell you to go to safe mode. Now in safe mode open calculator and type .12345+ in calculator app while in safe mode to access safe mode. Do a full test to know if any of your hardware component is damaged. If so your service center will replace the part if it is covered in warranty. You can do a single test to test a particular hardware part and find errors. Good luck!

Here is a Picture of the issue. It only happens if you use it several minutes (5-10 minutes). Then if you go on a gray screen you see it defiently.
greetings
img-20200615-wa0058.jpg
img-20200615-wa0059.jpg
img-20200615-wa0052.jpg

You can test it too. Go into a dark room and set the 120hz refresh rate.Then set Display brightness to 50-70%. And open the calculator and look at the top greyish bar.