This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type c to 3.5 mm convertor issue.....

rulyrexhodam
Star III
Hello Asus Team, is there any way to get ctype to 3.5mm converter work on asus rog 2.. I know I have the audio port there but sometimes it's hard to play game with the headphone port coming on my finger.... So if I use the converter then probably I can use the convertor on the bottom type c connector on my phone... Pls help
10 REPLIES 10

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
The short answer is that it works. However, it's somewhat of a guessing game when it comes to USB-C to 3.5 mm adapters (if they'll work or not). My best advice would be to visit a store and ask to test with your ROG II before you make a purchase.

Not applicable
rulyrexhodam

Hello Asus Team, is there any way to get ctype to 3.5mm converter work on asus rog 2.. I know I have the audio port there but sometimes it's hard to play game with the headphone port coming on my finger.... So if I use the converter then probably I can use the convertor on the bottom type c connector on my phone... Pls help

Type c to 3.5 mm convertor issue.....
Buy a sound card such as
Kotion Each S2 USB 7.1 Surround... https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077BXXXQX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share 
I personally use this one but to use this you will need a usb C to usb connector.
AmazonBasics USB Type-C to USB... https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01GGKYXVE?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I use both but you can purchase a cheaper sound card for it to work. I tried usb c to 3.5 connector and none of them works so you need a sound card for it to work.

OPC
Zen Master II
Instead of fiddling with sound card, as rulyrexhodam already has 3.5 mm headphones I would propose he gets the air cooler. Thus he can use his headphones plugged in the cooler and in the same time benefit from the best, and in my opinion essential, accessory the phone has.

Not applicable
OPC

Instead of fiddling with sound card, as rulyrexhodam already has 3.5 mm headphones I would propose he gets the air cooler. Thus he can use his headphones plugged in the cooler and in the same time benefit from the best, and in my opinion essential, accessory the phone has.

View post
Yet spend another 50-70 dollars on a fan to use that 3.5mm. Great thought mr richy rich.