2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: ZenBook Duo UX481FA.305
  4. Frequency of occurrence: always
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi guys,

I tried to connect my Zenbook Duo with another display using an USB-C hub plugged into the USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port on the side. Unfortunately, it doesn't show me any additional display in the settings (I even tried another USB hub with the same result).

Can someone confirm that the USB port is actually capable of exporting a video signal?

Thank you in advance,

Jan

Comments

• edited April 2020

Hello Jan,

The USB ports on this model do not support display export.

Thank you.

• Thank you for your answer!

• I have also been struggling, trying to connect my new UX481FL to an external monitor (HP Z27 27in.) via the laptop's USB-C 3.1 port and the monitor's USB-C DisplayPort. Spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Asus' tech. support and they went about "helping" me as if the laptop should / would be able to display through the monitor - but their efforts did nothing in the end.

Does anyone know if it is possible for Asus to provide this capability (displaying through USB-C port) via a software update, or similar? If not, I will be returning the laptop as being able to simply my external connections / cables is quite important to me.

Thanks in advance for anyone who may be able to help.

Wyatt

• Hello Wyatt,

The USB ports on UX481 do not support display export as well.

and I'm sorry that this is related to hardware specification and can not be changed through any software.

Thank you.

• Hi I cannot connect my ASUS DUO to my TV through HDMI. Is there any settings ?

• Hello @sirajbasu1974 ,

You are having UX581, right? or GX550?

Does the TV and laptop recognize each other? is there any error message?

Have you tried another cable?

Thank you.

• Hi Blake_Asus

I am having UX481F. Whenever i try to connect my TV with this laptop, always the second small screen appears on the TV. I want to bring the main screen on the TV, dont know how to do it.

Thanks

• edited August 2020

Hello @sirajbasu1974 ,

After you connect to the external display,

go to Setting> System>Display>Multiple Display

then you can set the main screen you want.

Or you may simply press WIN+P then switch mode.

Thank you.

• I purchased an Asus ZenBook Pro Duo with an I-9 Processor for a video editing system and to my dismay discovered that the laptop has only one HDMI output---so I purchased three different docking stations with none of the HDMI Ports supporting a second video output. Then I called ASUS directly and they told me to buy their SimPro Dock for $185 and they said it would support two video outputs simultaneously. I installed the new Asus dock and none of the video outputs would send a display to a second monitor. I called Asus Tech Support and was on the phone with them for three hours and they could not figure it out either -so they told me I must have a defective dock and want me to return it. Does anyone have any ideas to solve this problem?

• Hello jyjma,

May I have the brand and model of your monitors and how you connect them?

There are 4 ways to set up dual display with SimproDock, may you double check?

Option 1: Display (Lane 1) + Display (Lane 2)

Option 2: Display (Lane 1) + VGA (Lane 2)

Option 3: HDMI (Lane 1) + Display (Lane 2)

Option 4: HDMI (Lane 1) + VGA (Lane 2)

(Through USB Type-C Alt. Mode)

Thank you.

• Hi Blake

Thanks for the help. Also when i try to open 2 excel worksheet and try to drag one below into the small screen, both the excell sheets gets dragged. Can you help pls ?

• Hello,

Can I use an ASUS dockstation to connect continually my asus zenbook duo to my monitor. it will avois to connect it directly with the HDMI cable. Moreover, I will have many different port duplicatate

If yes, which station should I order

Sincerely

• Hello,

do you know if ASUS FX553VD-DM248T does support usb type-c display export?

Kind regards,

Jorge

This discussion has been closed.