Vivobook 15 bios help

1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: X512DA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I bought a brand new Vivobook 15 without an OS on it, but when I tried to install it like I do with any other computer i had so far I ran into a problem, the boot menu is empty, there no SSD, ther is no USB, secure boot is disabled, there is CSM option in Boot menu, I have no idea how to fix this. Bios version is 310.n:

Comments

• edited April 21

go to other computer

solution is simple , download the windows 10 1909 64bit iso

insert USB 16gvb pendrive

download RUFUS v3.9 software , run it as admin

choose the iso file , choose partition style as GPT , choose target system as UEFI ( non csm)

keep as settings as default .

click to start , wait for 15 minutes to complete . click close once complete .

insert the usb bootable pendrive to new laptop, go to bios , disable SECUREBOOT , ,enable usb controller in advanced menu , some where is there , save and exit .

press boot menu , choose uefi usb pendrive , click to proceed .

• DukisefDukisef Level 1

Thank you, that did the trick, was it due to the windows version?

• edited April 22

Because windows 10 has UEFI support , so we must do this trick for those dont have CSM option in bios.

Did you installed windows 10 successfully ?

• hozerdudehozerdude Level 1
    edited April 23

Hi I had the same problem with my Asus Vivobook X512DA. I updated the bios to version still the same problem. This is what I did to install Windows 10 Pro on my Vivobook 15.

The following was made on my desktop:

1. I created a ISO of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop.
    2. I then used RUFUS ( it's free ) to create a USB Install disk of WIndows 10 Pro.
    3. Then I installed my Windows 10 USB stick. I just made on my Asus Vivobook 15. The BIOS saw my USB stick. Then I went into the bios and selected the USB stick that Windows 10 PRO on it.
    4. Then installed my Windows 10 Pro and worked great! ;)
    5. I made my boot disk for my backups on my desktop. I use AOMEI Backerupper to make my boot disk and my backups. Works great! on my Asus Vivobook 15 ( X512DA )

Asus has got to fix this issue period!

Hope That Helps!!