camera keep crashing, HELP please !!

edited October 2020 in ZenFone 4 Series
ZF Model: ZD553KL
RAM: 1G
Firmware/APP Version: 8.1
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Hello all,my camera app keep crashing ...any help how sort it out ?
Smartphone selfie witn no camera is a paradox !!!:shutup:
I had already tried factory reset, but it does not work anyway.
Thank you

Comments

• Hi yux1,

Please try clearing cache and data of camera.
    If the problem still appears, please provide your firmware version: Settings > System > About Phone > Software information
    Please provide your camera app version.
    Does the camera crash when using other third party apps' camera function?

Thank you :)
  • I have the same issue. Camera starts up with black background and after a few seconds the camera crashes. From another application, it's hard to know if it crashes. Background stays black but the 3rd party app continues to run. Not possible to know if camera has crashed in the background.

Firmware version: NMF26F.WW_Phone-14.2016.1708.153-20170811071001011_201705030213

Camera version: 4.0.15.3_170728M

I have tried a manual upgrade by placing several versions of the upgrade zip in the root directory, but the update is not detected.

• Hello,

I have the same problem. Camera keep crashing even in safe mode. Is it possible to reinstall the app?

How to fix it?

Camera version 6.0.58.0_200703

Thanks

• edited August 2020

Hi Lapirow

Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

1. Update your firmware version: Settings>System>System updates

If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?

2. Check your internal storage, make sure it is enough

3. Please try clearing cache & storage of Camera (long press "Camera">App Info>Storage & memory>Clear cache/Clear storage)

4. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 

Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

• Hi Christine,

Thank you for your reply. I did all of that but the problem persist. I wonder if I have to change the motherboard?

or I might just wait for the zenfone 7 if it does not get release in a too long time.

• I'm not sure how many days means *a too long times, yet it may worth to wait.

• Oh I wanted to say I hope it is released soon not in a long time "forgot not".

Is there any info about when it will be out?

• Hi Lapirow 

I can not reveal any information due to the NDA. Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused. 😉

• No problem Christine I understand! :)

I hope not too long!

• I still have my problem after update to ver. 171

Where can I buy parts for the zenfone 6?

• Hi Lapirow

If the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence for further device checking: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

• Hi Christine,

I contacted the already but my phone was bought in Hong kong. To get it fixed I need to go there because apparently they dont have delivery service. II live in japan now so it is a little bit difficult.

I dont know how i can get it repaired. any suggestion?

• Hi Lapirow

Please provide me the information for further checking, let me see what I can do.

1. Can you provide me a video by the steps below

factory reset>open camera app

2. Your current firmware version

Settings>System>About Phone>Software information

• LapirowLapirow Level 1
    edited September 2020

Hi Christine,

1. I made video but I had to cut it in three parts to be able to upload it.
    2. Software information
    • Baseband version: M3.18.40.19-Kirin_001102
    • Kernel version: 4.14.117-perf [email protected] #1 Wed Aug 19 21:13.30 CST 2020
    • extension rom: 1.1.1
    • Build number: QP1A.190711.005WW_Phone-17.1810.2009.176

Thank you very much.

• here is the part 2

• here is the part 3

• Hi Lapirow

Thank you for your asking. Sorry, I didn't notice that your model is ZenFone 6. Please refer to ZenFone 6 community as below

Kindly open a new thread in ZenFone 6 community with the information which you provided me above, the mods and the users having the same model will further assist you.

• Hi Christine,

I started a new discussion thank you

This discussion has been closed.