yux1
Star I
ZF Model: ZD553KL
RAM: 1G
Firmware/APP Version: 8.1
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Hello all,my camera app keep crashing ...any help how sort it out ? Smartphone selfie witn no camera is a paradox !!!:shutup: I had already tried factory reset, but it does not work anyway. Thank you
18 REPLIES 18

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi yux1, Please try clearing cache and data of camera. If the problem still appears, please provide your firmware version: Settings > System > About Phone > Software information Please provide your camera app version. Does the camera crash when using other third party apps' camera function? Thank you 🙂

antoinoneill
Star I
I have the same issue. Camera starts up with black background and after a few seconds the camera crashes. From another application, it's hard to know if it crashes. Background stays black but the 3rd party app continues to run. Not possible to know if camera has crashed in the background.
Firmware version: NMF26F.WW_Phone-14.2016.1708.153-20170811071001011_201705030213
Camera version: 4.0.15.3_170728M
I have tried a manual upgrade by placing several versions of the upgrade zip in the root directory, but the update is not detected.

Lapirow
Star I
Hello,
I have the same problem. Camera keep crashing even in safe mode. Is it possible to reinstall the app?
How to fix it?
Camera version 6.0.58.0_200703
Thanks

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Lapirow
Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Update your firmware version: Settings>System>System updates
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?
2. Check your internal storage, make sure it is enough
3. Please try clearing cache & storage of Camera (long press "Camera">App Info>Storage & memory>Clear cache/Clear storage)
4. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.