This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZF10: Latest update causing issues?

szcad
Star I

Anyone else having issues with 34.1004.0204.128?

My ZF10 updated to this about 10 days ago, the whole device has gotten slower.

Apps take an extra second to load, webpages/PDFs/other docs always open 1/3 of the way down the page now, I've had issues with phone calls dropping too. The photo processing has also slowed down a bit, and apps are crashing on the reg.

The whole device seems like it's taken a step backwards, just wondering if anyone else is having this issue before I backup and reset.

8GB/256GB Global model running on Rogers 5G/LTE/3G in Canada.

5 REPLIES 5

jgjhhjhjhkhk
Star I

yes, same for me.

I was about to do the same post on this forum, the update on zenfone 10 of Android 14 is complete garbage, microlags everywhere

cbreze
Star III

I’ve had a similar experience with A14. I tried a number of fixes that seemed to help before reverting back to having issues. Issues included random screen freezes including Home Screen and when doing various tasks. Other times just some overall lagginess. I think the Asus launcher is junk. I tried several other launchers and had better results with the issues but still not where it should be. What seems to be working better for me now is using Niagara launcher with the stock android feature enabled under  settings preferences. Could be just enabling that setting is what’s making the difference. But the real head scratcher for me is the issues crop up later at night than during daylight hours for whatever  reason,  also got some increased performance by enabling developer options, then open system tracing and set to 65536 KB.   Good luck. 

JimiK
Rising Star I

Rog Phone 7 received an A14 update less than 5 months ago, after which the performance dropped really drastically, battery problems, overheating, game features completely gone and numerous other problems. Since then, it has received several "corrective" updates that have only worsened the problems and caused more problems. Now Rog Phone 7 phones are unusable. The developers don't react to the problems they cause, even if it's a €1000 gaming phone. The Rog Phone 6 and many other Asus phones experienced the same.

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/rog-phone-7/join-here-for-a-downgrade-request-to-android-13/td-p/422531

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @szcad,

Can you please share a log for the issue?
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)