This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated my Zenfone Max Plus (M1) with BIOS from 7 to 8.1. Do I also need Kernel Source Code as well

mentorron
Star I

Is it necessary (or advisable) to install the latest Kernel Source Code (ASUS ZenFone Max Plus (M1) Kernel Source Code for WW SKU) after doing a manual update from Android 7 to 8.1 using ASUS ZenFone Max Plus (M1) Software Image Version: WW-15.02.1904.453 (Android O) For WW SKU only* ??? Please explain why I should or shouldn't. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

@mentorron
The source code is provided in accordance with Google's requirements, mainly for reference by individuals interested in developing their own apps. If you want to manually update the system to Android O, please download the firmware update manually. For detailed steps, please refer to the following instructions. 
[Phone] How to update firmware on my phone? 
Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@mentorron
The source code is provided in accordance with Google's requirements, mainly for reference by individuals interested in developing their own apps. If you want to manually update the system to Android O, please download the firmware update manually. For detailed steps, please refer to the following instructions. 
[Phone] How to update firmware on my phone? 
Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.