This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Time Zone Incorrect (ZenFone)

RickPrime
Star I
Automatic Time Zone Incorrect (ZenFone 4 Max ZC554KL)
I live in Ontario Canada (Eastern Daylight Time GMT -4:00) and the ZenFone 'automatic time zone' has started to select Newfoundland Daylight Time (GMT -2:30) as my time zone. I have manually set the phone to Eastern Daylight Time but would like to fix the automatic glitch. My phone and apps are fully updated.
If you can provide any guidance on how to fix this 'automatic time zone' glitch I would be grateful, thanks.
ZenFone 4 Max ZC554KL
========================================

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
RickPrime

Automatic Time Zone Incorrect (ZenFone 4 Max ZC554KL)

I live in Ontario Canada (Eastern Daylight Time GMT -4:00) and the ZenFone 'automatic time zone' has started to select Newfoundland Daylight Time (GMT -2:30) as my time zone. I have manually set the phone to Eastern Daylight Time but would like to fix the automatic glitch. My phone and apps are fully updated.

If you can provide any guidance on how to fix this 'automatic time zone' glitch I would be grateful, thanks.

ZenFone 4 Max ZC554KL

========================================

Automatic Time Zone Incorrect (ZenFone)
@RickPrime
Is your mobile phone connected to the Internet?
Would you please tell me your current firmware version? Settings>System>About Phone>Build Number
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?
Moreover, please also try to clear the weather & clock apps, and restart them to reset and confirm again.
(Long press app icon>App Info>Storage & memory>Clear cache/Clear storage)
Thank you.

RickPrime
Star I

Thank you for responding.
My zenfone 4 max ZC554KL build number is:
opm1.171019.011.ww_phone-15.2016.1907.519-0.
No system updates are available. Android 8.1.0 security patch level july 5 2019. Phone is connected to internet via home wifi network.
I followed your instructions re weather and clock apps and cleared storage, cleared cache. Then forced stop them and restarted them. However the network based 'automatic time zone' still selects Newfoundland.
My weather network and Canada govt weather apps maintained the correct time zone (ontario) when phone settings were for newfoundland.

Falcon_ASUS
RickPrime

Thank you for responding.

My zenfone 4 max ZC554KL build number is:

opm1.171019.011.ww_phone-15.2016.1907.519-0.

No system updates are available. Android 8.1.0 security patch level july 5 2019. Phone is connected to internet via home wifi network.

I followed your instructions re weather and clock apps and cleared storage, cleared cache. Then forced stop them and restarted them. However the network based 'automatic time zone' still selects Newfoundland.

My weather network and Canada govt weather apps maintained the correct time zone (ontario) when phone settings were for newfoundland.

View post
@RickPrime
If the firmware version was already the latest, I might suggest you to confirm whether the GPS function of the phone is turned on. If there is still no improvement, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
**Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
[Phone] How to back up the data stored in your phone ? | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.