cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone Max Pro M2 charging issue!!

_Someone_
Star I

Screenshot_20240708-144231.png

 Hi guys! I'm currently using the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (ZB631KL/4GB/64GB). It's on Android 9 and still haven't rooted yet. But it has a huge problem, everytime when I charge the phone, it always shows me this notification (the image above) and it only charges for around 10 seconds then stops. I could only charge this phone when I have shut it down, but it doesn't overheat like what the notification said. And this problem happens every time I charge, it's very frustrating to turn off the phone just to charge it and boot it up in order to use it again. I've tried everything to fix it. I replaced the battery, factory reset, replaced the charging port, used the original charger, or whatever charger lying around, ect... but none seems to work. I took this phone to some repair shops but they refused to fix it because they think it's been damaged too much to fix. Some even said the mainboard is damaged and broken. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or should I just continue using my phone like this until I get a new phone?

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@_Someone_ 
This may be caused by a malfunction in the sub-motherboard or charging port of the phone.
Since your phone is likely out of warranty, there will be diagnostic fees and costs for any required parts during the repair process. 
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding.

Hey there moderator! I've replaced the whole sub-board with the charging port a few days ago because I thought it would fix the problem. But it didn't work so I guess it wasn't the sub-board fault. Thanks for the advice though.