This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Update For Pie, Next Update is Android 10!

AsusYouzr
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 601kl
Firmware Version: 087
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: coming soon
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): good bye Android 9
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Say Good bye to Android 9 pie. I think this new 087 is the last update on Android 9 pie for max pro m1.
There are some facts which pointing this may be the last pie update.
Remember the last update of Android 8 Oreo 340 version? Look at it's description on Asus website. It had updated GMS. Then in the next update we got Android 9 pie .
The latest update we receive has the same changes.... People who saying it's just a security patch update, just think did you ever received a 600MB plus size security patch update before?
I think this update prepare base for smooth transition to Android 10 Q.
I am sure next update is releasing with Android 10 in October ... A little more wait for Android Q.
screenshot-20200910-164120.png

77 REPLIES 77

Sonu_Mardi
Rising Star I
Lets hope what ever you are saying is true!.
And yes this does knock my head that why is this security update file size so big!!! Security update file size comes less than 200mb, then why its too large , have they included other update or any kind of bugs fixes, even they haven't given any discription about it other than security patch update.. i wonder why???

Pushpak
Star II
arpand06

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/35252/last-update-for-pie-next-update-is-android-10

You're absolutely right, that's why the update weighs more than 600mb.

View post
I didn't understand,why it weighs 600mb of update??

vivekanandap201
Star II
I think you are right bro. Let's see Even in end of this year , if they will provide update of Android 10 then that's also fine for a 2 years old smartphone.
Good observation.very good.

sanjayadav20911
Star II
screenshot-20200911-090252.png
Try pixel experience rom it has zero bug and easy to uw

vckanandvpp
Rising Star II
When Custom Rom developers are heading towards realease of Android 11 based Rom , Asus is still struggling on Android 10 stable. I bid fair good bye to Asus stock rom 5 months back, Now using most of the hidden much needed features handy , Like Airtel Vowifi, Smart charging etc

Need more info Google for CRDroid Rom for max pro M2